Skin names only on character select screen

Discussion in 'Features' started by Frozsoul, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

When you select an alternate skin on the character select screen it shows both the character's name (e.g. "Bill Rizer") as well as the skin name beneath it (e.g. "Lance Bean") which looks a bit confusing and inelegant. I think it would be better if it only showed the skin name, and perhaps a different button on the character select screen could toggle showing the name of the game and character that the skin is based on.

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah, but it's between quotation marks, which usually mean nicknames when used for names (e.g. Jason "Jay" Pavlina).

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  3. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Understood, but at first glance it looks like you're selecting both Bill Rizer and Lance Bean. I don't think the Bill Rizer in this case is necessary to display, just Lance Bean would do fine.

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I think saying the character name is important to indicate who you have selected.

Yes, I know that if you highlighted the character you know who it is, but there are certain standards games are expected to adhere to, and one of them is always indicating the options or features that are active.

Rey D likes this.