Official Skin Sets @ The Wiki

Discussion in 'Skins' started by aliceandsven, Feb 14, 2012.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Eventually I will get around to adding the default skins in the game right now.

2. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I was hoping to submit my Power Zero Suit Samus skin but quoting Egoraptor, FUCK IS HARD!!

samussmbc.png

Here it is. If someone's bro enough to help me put it in the wiki, I'll appreciate it.

3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'll give it a go.
    And the reason why I'm doing it instead of telling you how is because it ain't got transparent.
    EDIT: Who contributed? I need to know before I can put it on the Wiki.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Where did you lay that idea from?

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Put only me, since I don't know the name of the artist who drew the inspiration pic.

From a pic I found in the Internet.
    samus.png

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Faruga

Patron

Ah, so they were edited/made by you. I get it. *puts it on the Wiki*

7. Rey D

Patron

I'm going to set up the Simon skins on the Wiki. Hoping I won't mess up anything.

EDIT: Yay it's done! I wasn't sure about "Game Boy" skins and Trevor's 2nd skin. Also, it's important to change the "main" skin because they're updated versions (here, replacing Simon_Skin_Template.png by Simon_000.png).

EDIT 2: I also always put "Ryuza, Jay" as credits.
    RYU DONE! And we've got now SIXTEEN-BIT HAGGLE MAN! :D
    I wasn't sure about this "Game Boy" skin either

Mitewing likes this.
  8. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

With the new Haggle Man, I'm guessing we will be getting another small update at anytime.

sbq92 and Rey D like this.
  9. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It looks like we may! I'm hoping it's big enough to include my Zelda II theme. I've been waiting for a long time to see that in the game!

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Rey D

Patron

I just realized that I put {{ya}} for 16-bit Haggle Man. *goes fix his error*

EDIT: Alright I put Sophia. I think only Samus is left.
    But about the scheme we must follow for the tables. I encountered 3 different ones. Which one should we follow?
    • ''Version'' CharEx: CV1 Simon → italic
    • Version CharEx: TLoZ Link → plain
    • Char (Version)Ex: Bill (NES) → between parenthesis
    I also suggest another scheme, that is:
    • "Version" CharEx: "NES" Mega Man → quoting

11. Faruga

Patron

We should have another column for "console". I'll get that done starting with Ryu skins as that's what I've got open right now. *realizes something* Where in the row of columns should the console be? I'll put it on the far left for now, but if a decision is made, change it.

12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I like the third one. It seems to make the most sense to me to put the character name first and qualifiers after.

13. Rey D

Patron

I like that "console" column, but I suggest making the icons twice bigger so they can be seen (either making the pixels bigger, or re-making icons).

Also, why is Samus' skin set table sortable?

14. Faruga

Patron

I felt like it.
    Actually, does someone have any NES controllers, SNES controllers or original Game Boys around here? We could scan them and use the Wiki's stuff to scale them down.

15. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There are pixel icons of all the gaming consoles floating around on the internet, if you plan on doing something like that for one of the columns.

16. Faruga

Patron

Should we use the icons that Emulation Collective uses? I can easily get hold of them...
    EDIT: Here they are:
    Emulation Collective NES icon.png Emulation Collective SNES icon.png Emulation Collective Game Boy icon.png

17. Rey D

Patron

Problem is that if we take icons from somewhere else, we'll need to make credits for them. ><

18. Faruga

Patron

Isn't that what file description pages are for (among other reasons)?

19. Rey D

Patron

→ Oh... Maybe asking the guys first, then.
    But I prefer the controllers, because they are more colorful and more recognizable.

20. Faruga

Patron

I'll let A&S think about this...