Official Skin Sets @ The Wiki

Discussion in 'Skins' started by aliceandsven, Feb 14, 2012.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

If that's what you want to do, go for it. If the people who make the icons have a problem with it they'll contact us. And yes I think you can credit them on the file description page.

Although I would find icons that are a little bigger / easier to see.

Faruga likes this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Or should I scale them up? The green tick and red cross aren't bigger though...
    EDIT: Why not add background colours to the console boxes?! :D

3. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I agree that it would be nice if the console icons were a bit larger (maybe 1.5x the size?)

Also, I think it would be great if there was a new "Preview" column added for character skins so you could get a glimpse of all new character skins at a glance, using an icon similar to my signature.

Finally, I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I think I would prefer if all of the character skins appeared on one page, separated by character type using spoiler tags that are hidden by default, rather than each having separate pages. When I want to check out different skins or see what new skins have been added, I have to open all of the character pages individually.

4. Faruga

Patron

That isn't the reason why I made Template:Spoiler, but it could be used for that purpose.
    Also, to see new skins, you can use this page. You can also add pages to your watchlist (by moving your cursor over the arrow at the top of the page) so that you get e-mailed when they're edited.

Rey D and sbq92 like this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I noticed an error with the All Night Nippon map skin. The Peach sprite should be different. In that game she wears a kimono.

6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This should be corrected, since I corrected it. :p

7. sbq92

Double posting, this is important.

I was just going through the wiki, and I noticed that a bunch of skins I've seen throughout the forums are not on the wiki. It would be great if people could finish them up and post them so I can have easy access to them. :)

TheomanZero, Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  8. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

On that note, this is a skin I've wanted to see finished for a while (I didn't make it). I was going to (and might still) do it myself, but I think I should make it public:
    ZeroSMBCSkin_VirtualSonic.png
    -The spin attack turns him into a ball, which kinda doesn't make sense
    -The climbing sprites would look weird, although they appear to be aligned to appear as if they are on the wall. the hitbox is NOT on the wall though, so the sprite would appear in a different place from the hitbox.
    -the powerups and many of the small effects could use a touchup
    (this one was done by Virtual Sonic)

TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  9. sbq92

I'm not sure where to put this so that everyone will see it, but this is the right topic at least.

I've begun the process of putting skins from the wiki into the development folders, so please make sure the skins are complete when they are uploaded (which you should be doing anyway), and if you make any changes, please let me know (PM me) so I can download the updated version.

10. aliceandsven

Thanks SBQ

Are any map skins going in (finally??)

11. uglyrodent

Is there a deadline for when skins are eligible to be added to the next version?

EDIT: Should we also tell you about entirely new skins we add or just updates to old ones? Cause I put up the Game Gear Ryu skin and I dunno if that counts...

12. sbq92

There will be new map skins. :)

There is no deadline yet, so keep adding away. :) I'm actually not sure if a deadline will be set. The next version isn't the final version, so even if skins continue to be added, at worst they simply won't have a chance to be in that version, but they can still possibly be in a future version.

Also, I'll be keeping an eye on the lists for if new ones are added, so don't worry about notifying me of those. Just let me know if any are updated after today.

aliceandsven likes this.
  13. Mitewing

There are some map skins sets lacking interface skins. Will that be a problem?

14. sbq92

Well, it would be nice if people who did the rest of the parts could at least attempt an interface skin, but if not, I can put them together.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. aliceandsven

SBQ will you be able to just add skins to the game (after they're approved?) So we don't have to wait for new ones until each major update? That would be great. I'm mostly just excited about new map skins.

Mitewing and uglyrodent like this.
  16. sbq92

I won't be able to just add skins to the game and have them in immediately, but we will be updating with skins more frequently than just with major updates. Once everything is set up, skin updates will be more frequent than 'every several months or so'. :)

17. Mitewing

Besides the multiple Mario skins, I've seen skins for Map Skins for Zelda, Castlevania, and Metroid. Hopefully Map sets for the other playable characters' games will be added soon.

18. Faruga

Patron

IS SUPER MARIO WORLD GONNA BE IN?!

19. uglyrodent

I don't think any are confirmed yet.

20. Mitewing

I don't see SMW being added unless they add its music with it.