Official Skin Sets @ The Wiki

Discussion in 'Skins' started by aliceandsven, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'm obviously not talking about that.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I think you'll have to agree to disagree. I mean, I can't even see what your respective points are, based on the last posts.

Faruga likes this.
  3. Mitewing

To be honest, I think he was trying to be a troll.

4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What I think is happening here is this (warning i tend to be wrong most of the time so correct me plz also this is in stupidtext mode because i think this is rather ridiculous also i don't get a fair amount of it):
    • Mitewing: "hey final bowser is wario and false bowser is tatatatatatatattanga this make skin canon"
    • Mizino: "not quite canon because wut about peach who not there in sml2"
    • Mitewing: "it isn't canonical that mario rescues peach" (Note: I don't get it.)
    • Mizino: "dont change wut isnt broke also me no liek wario sprites they ugly"
    • Mitewing: "if we be canon mario no meet bowser in sml2 also as for wario being ugly idc thats opinion also hes meant to look ugly" (Note: So basically, first we take a point sort of made in the first post and then we try to hypocritically justify bad sprite quality)
    • Mizino: "if we be canon there be no peach in sml2" (Note: another argument repeat to the same point)
    • Mitewing: "u miss point *smh*" (Note: What is SMH?)
    • Mizino: "we run off same point" (Note: What point?)
    • Mitewing: "u say we must change premise of whole game i say fix enemy skins"
    • Mizino: "i dont mean change game premise i mean fix sml2 mario char skin"
    • Mitewing: "i dont mean that" (Note: Mizino never said you were talking about that.)
    ...thisisntveryhelpfulisit
    But do notice how the first post I didn't get wasn't mizino "trying to be a troll", or even by mizino at all.

Anyway, I think that the suggestions that are being made here amongst all the nonsense are not bad suggestions, both sides alike: Mitewing thinks we should change Bowser to Wario and false Bowser to Tatatatatantlaknta;snt;aanga to make the skin fully canon, and mizino thinks that the skin isn't quite canon until we find a way to make Mario rescue coins and a castle (possible excuse: sandcastle? oh wait not quite).
    EDIT: IDEA IDEA IDEA IDEA THE THING YOU SAVE IS THE RIGHTS TO THE CASTLE THEY'RE LIKE ON A PIECE OF PARCHMENT
    OR THE SWITCH THAT TURNS THE W INTO AN M

5. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

The thing about the coins and castle is supposed to be sarcasm in that if you're changing that of all things, then the setup for SML2's character skins should change to match.

6. Mitewing

If it's possible and practical, sure. But from the vibe I was getting, you just didn't like my idea for any valid reason, other than "no need to change anything else".

7. MissingNo2

Well my point still is that it isn't necessary and is fine the way it is, but the False Bowser should be replaced and Wario should get some notable mention.

8. Mitewing

My point is, if we're gonna add Wario, we might as well add Tatanga, too.

9. MissingNo2

Tatanga was just a standard-fare boss in SML2. So what if he was the original antagonist?

10. Mitewing

That's exactly why he should be added. He was the main antagonist in SML1.

11. MissingNo2

Particularly uninteresting compared to the others, I might add.

12. Mitewing

He's an alien in a spaceship. That's unique and interesting as far as earlier Super Mario games.

13. MissingNo2

I meant for actually fighting him not design. Even then I still see the thing plain.

14. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It actually makes quite a lot of sense.
    I mean, the False Bowser is a decoy.
    Tatanga taking over Sarasaland was a diversion.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. Dochobin

Dochobin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Not to be rude, but I have to ask, why bother with skinning anyway if Crossover is done being actively updated?

16. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

As someone who was dabbling with making skins before the skinning system actually existed (therefore, all of what I did [which wasn't all that much.. but still] was known to have little to no chance of getting added)...

Just for the fun of it. A semi-hobby. Could I spend my time on more fruitful things? Maybe.. but I'm too lazy, depressed, and unmotivated as it is to seek those out. When an interesting enough idea for a skin comes to mind, it helps get my mind off everything for a little. Enjoying the process is a nice bonus.

Of course, since SMBC has ceased in its activeness in regards to being updated... I think the trick for me now is simple motivation for seeking out those interesting ideas.

Dochobin and MissingNo2 like this.
  17. Mitewing

So why are there multiple Donkey Kongs stacked on top of each other?

Also, off the subject the Super Mario Land set is nowhere near completed. The enemy skin still needs to be finished.

18. Mitewing

But there aren't any Donkey Kong Statues in the classic Donkey Kong games.

I do like how DK throws an oil barrel now. Also, it's good that you added Donkey Kong Jr, however he doesn't need to hold an oil barrel if he throws fruit. It doesn't make sense. I recommend removing the oil barrel and the " statues".

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    TheomanZero likes this.
  19. Mitewing

I agree the fruit for DK JR is fine. Just not him holding the OIL barrel above his head. Also those "statues" are between stages and not in actual gameplay. I would change them if I had a decent computer.

20. Mitewing

Remove the statues, and remove Oil barrel from Donkey Kong, JR. I have other suggestions about the enemies I will share later.