Skin Sets

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Rey D, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Forgot to tell you guys, but I made a small update to the DuckTales Skin Set without letting you know... well the Enemy sheet anyway.
    [​IMG]
    I fixed the Hammer Bros. replacement (I think it's some Staff Bear or some shit I dunno) thanks to Spriters-Resource who FINALLY uploaded the Enemy sheet of the Gameboy enemies of the 1st game.
    I may continue with it, I really don't have a whole lot left... just that the bit I do have left so happens to be the frustrating part of the skin set... Especially since I'm using both games (including the Gameboy port) as resources for this skin set, so I have a LOT to work with. And it's mostly because it'd be a pain only working with one game, especially since it's a game that's not really like Mario at all and barely even resembles such.

TheomanZero likes this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I can't remember if I posted this but I think it would be a cool idea to create a "Classic NES" skin set. This would include early first party games. So far here's my list:

Balloon Fight
    Clu Clu Land
    Devil World
    Excitebike
    Gumshoe
    Gyromite
    Ice Climber
    Nazo no Murasame Jo AKA The Mysterious Murasame Castle

MissingNo2 likes this.
  3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Someday I was planning on compiling some of the more memorable tracks from those games into one NSF. This would compliment it pretty well.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Mitewing

I just had an idea. The title screen would have "Nintendo" font since there would be multiple games represented. I don't know if Blaine can mix and match songs from different games into a single soundtrack though, but it would be pretty awesome.

5. NES Boy

NES Boy Level 3: Paratroopa

On the subject, SydLexia.com has an article about the North American launch games.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. MissingNo2

I just said I would make a specifically-built NSF to match, didn't I?

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Mitewing

The games I mentioned were the only ones I could think of. I don't know if there would be any better ones to choose from. I listed 8 because of 8 worlds. Also some games have limited music. That would need to be considered. I'm trying to think of which levels work best with which games. Balloon Fighter for Coin Heaven, Clu Clu Land for Underwater, and Ice Climber for Athletic are ideas so far.

8. Daniel Donatto

Daniel Donatto Level 2: Koopa

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Mitewing likes this.
  9. MissingNo2

While it's okay overall, some things are facing backwards (like the poison mushroom) and it's very unwise to repeat graphics for functionally different enemies (like the spike top and sidestepper).

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Mitewing

I was going to say that too. Either find new enemies or at the very least make all of the colors different.

TheomanZero likes this.
  11. Daniel Donatto

In the game, have to other enemies, but are too big.

12. Mitewing

Then change the colors of each enemy so a player will know what enemy they're fighting.

13. david lindo maldonado

david lindo maldonado Level 2: Koopa

Ghosts n' Goblins Skin
    Ghosts\'NGoblinsMapSkin.PNG
    Ghosts\'NGoblinsThemeSkin.PNG
    Enemy Skin incomplete:
    Ghosts\'NGoblinsEnemySkinIncomplete.PNG
    Ghosts\'NGoblinsInterfaceSkin.PNG

PH-209, Nat, ThomasMink and 3 others like this.
  14. Daniel Donatto

How about NSMB skin set?

luigiman64 likes this.
  15. TurretBot

TurretBot Level 3: Paratroopa

While that could word for tiles, I doubt there's enough frames for even a single enemy.

16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Sure you aren't Wrong Way Round Guy?

luigiman64 likes this.
  17. Mitewing

I wish someone would rework the LoZ skin set. I have some ideas on how to make it work if anyone is willing to hear my ideas.

18. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Go right ahead.

19. Mitewing

First, since many map and theme tiles in LoZ match SMB, these should crossover (see what I did there?). Second, I've made a brand new enemy set:
    Goomba=Zol
    Green Koopa=Blue Vire
    Red Koopa=Red Vire
    Green Pirahna Plant=Blue Lanmola
    Red Piranha Plant=Red Lanmola
    Slow Cheep Cheep=Orange Peahat
    Fast Cheep Cheep=Blue Peahat
    Air Cheep Cheep=Keese
    Blooper=Tektite
    Lakitu=Blue Ghini
    Spiny Egg/Spiny=Red Ghini
    Buzzy Beetle=Like-Like
    Bullet Bill=Wallmaster
    Hammer Bros=Moblin
    Podobo=Bubble
    Spike Top=Darknut
    False Bowser=Aquamentus
    Bowser=Ganon
    Barrel=Boulder
    Firebug=Armos
    Sidestepper=Rope
    Fighter Fly=Pols Voice
    Icicle=Trap

I tried to match enemies from Zelda 2 whenever possible. This should also be a rule to follow for the new map skin. The small castle should be the tree entrance while the big one is fine as a palace. I thought about dungeons (underground areas) should have a custom background that matches the walls of the dungeons in LoZ. These would have to be adjusted for perspective. Speaking of perspective, I tried to choose enemies that would work in any perspective (Sorry Octoroks!). I'll post more ideas once I get feedback.

20. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Swap the Peahat and Keese and I'd say it would be perfect for another LoZ Skin Set.

EDIT:Also, because of BS Zelda, we could also have a 16-bit Zelda skin set as well, which would go well with the 16-bit Link skins.

Mitewing likes this.