Official Skin Templates

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Ryuza, Jan 16, 2012.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The skin templates have been updated to match the changes made for 3.0.

Note that this is just the template update. None of the skins from 3.0 have placed or updated on the wiki yet.

uglyrodent and Rey D like this.
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Why is the Map Skin template part 8-bit and part 16-bit?

3. sbq92

It has actually always been like that. Some elements are only present in 16-bit skins, such as the crumbling bridge and the coin explosion, and some elements are only present in the 8-bit version, such as the clouds and the hills. I also included the animated water from SMAS in order to show that it is indeed animated.

4. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Simon seems to be lacking his extra walk sequence, unless it'll only be used by the skins who require it.

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Shift+F5. If you take a look at the Simon_000.png page, you can notice that the latest version, which is from April the 29th, has the extra sprite in the thumbnail. It means that for the actual 'simon_000.png' image, your browser cache is holding the older version, so you need to do one of those cache-reset refreshes (known as Shift+F5).

SketchMan3 and Develon like this.
  6. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

THANK YOU! for this tip. All these years I've been going (in summary) "History>Delete Cache". This is so much simpler. hehe. *facepalm*

7. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

All the old skin will have to be uptaded,no?If you want some help...I also annonce my return after a long absence.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. Rey D

Patron

9. coolman

Just one question,since the last time I have come,wath new on the template?

10. Rey D

Patron

* Simon has got a standing frame seperated from his walking frames ;
    * Link has got a four frames jump (replaced the one frame rotated ingame) ;
    * Added enemy sprite frames ;
    * Map sprite frames added, possible modifications ;
    * Theme template has possibly got a tree sprite frame (I don't usually look around those sheets) ;
    * Probably nothing to Interface ;
    * Added a Pharaoh Shot guide below the Bass template ;
    * Were you here when Peach and Toad sprites were added to character sheets? I don't think so.

Well I must have forgotten some stuffs which were added earlier than the 3.0 trailer, so I'll let you figure out yourself.

11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I noticed the Link sheet no longer has the Large Shield sprites. :(

12. sbq92

It hasn't been on the sheet since 2.1. It wasn't being used and it was conflicting with the jumping sprites so we removed it for now. It may still make it in, but since it currently has no actual function it's not worth implementing at the moment.

Rey D likes this.
  13. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

I just realized that the Alex/Kunio sheet has been updated, so I took the time (short time) to make this:
    Ryan.png
    Just like Bill and Lance, Mario and Luigi, and Megaman and Protoman (maybe) Alex/Kunio and Ryan/Riki are a dynamic duo, and definitely more than just a recolor of each other. :p
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: I don't wanted to double post on Simon skins, sooo... :rolleyes:

ThomasMink and uglyrodent like this.
  14. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I hope it does come back. Being able to block projectiles would make his game play more authentic and the shield would be useful in Hard versions of levels since I'm sure will be loaded with Hammer Brothers and Bowsers.

15. coolman

I would not be capable of modyfing the old skin that doesn't have the thing from the new template(mostly because of the transparency and custom sprites),so maybe someone could do the job.They will have maybe more luck to be in.Thanks:)

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Note: These are unofficial templates. Do not use for making skins. --sbq92

8-bit.PNG 16-bit.PNG Dark Link 8-bit.PNG Dark Link 16-bit.PNG Dark Link GB.PNG GB.PNG Hero.PNG Heroine.PNG Old Man 8-bit.PNG Ralph GB.PNG
    This may not be approved, but this is my idea for a new Link template, much more compact than the current one.

Faruga likes this.
  17. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Thats one big-ass template!

18. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Compact...?

19. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Note: These are unofficial templates. Do not use for making skins. --sbq92

That's just alot of skins that I made sometime a few months ago, the 16-bit one is the base for all of them. I also have these 8-bit.PNG 8-bit m2.PNG 8-bit m3.PNG 16-bit.PNG

Attached Files:

• GB.PNG
      GB.PNG
      File size:
      11.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

I see you changed the portraits.