Official Skin Templates

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Ryuza, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

I didn't think it ever came out in the US, as far as I had heard it was released in Japan as Gimmick! and then Scandinavia as Mr. Gimmick.

Edit:
    Okay everyone, Jay decided it'll be fine to release the list, so here is the list of all the skin included in the game right now, I spoiler-ed it cause its kinda long and some people might wanna wait and be surprised. This should be all the skins that will be in the update. It'd probably be best to wait and surprise you guys with whats in, but I'd rather give you the option to check so you don't end up making something that's already in.
    Each of the 10 characters has a 8-bit, 16-bit and GB skin so I won't be listing those individually.
    Mario, SMB3 Mario, Demon, 16-bit Demon
    Luigi, SMB2 Luigi, 16-bit SMB2 Luigi, SMB3 Luigi
    Link, 8-bit/16-bit/GB ShadowLink
    Bill, 8-bit/16-bit/GB Lance, RD-008
    Bass, Dr. Wily, 16-bit Dr. Wily
    Simon, Castlevania 2 Simon, 8-bit/16-bit/GB Trevor
    Samus, "Justin Bailey" Samus, Dark Samus
    Sophia, 8-bit/16-bit/GB Sophia J7
    MegaMan, 8-bit/16-bit/GB ProtoMan, 8-bit/16-bit 'Rock' (Helmetless MegaMan)
    Ryu, 8-bit HaggleMan

Super Mario All-Stars map/theme skin
    Super Mario Land map/theme skin
    Demon Returns map/theme skin
    The list is kind of an actual spoiler for the update, some people want to wait and be surprised so please try not to talk about the skins that weren't already announced in the trailer or anything until the update it out. This list is mainly just a reference for skin creators. :)

CuvisTheConqueror and Mitewing like this.
  2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Without spoiling it I have to say I am impressed with that list.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. BlazeyX

BlazeyX Level 1: Goomba

Well I must admit that I really love the list. Can't wait to play 2.0. You guys have been doing some wonderful job and It was and is worth it to keep waiting for the update. ;) You're awesome.

However I must admit that I am a little disappointed by the small number of themes. I know that having one for each character would drastically increase the size, load speed and work time but I remember all the stuff that people used to make that is now on the wiki. Even Ryuza made some AWESOME Blaster Master skins and I can't understand why are these not implemented since they looked awesome. Still, I am god damn impressed and I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into making version 2.0 Ryuza and Jay - You're two god damn awesome guys.

4. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Honestly Jay and Zach are the best game developers duo ever.

5. bieux

bieux Level 0: Newbie

For example:
    I created a enemy skin witch the sizes of some goombas, turtles and annother things are more smaller/highter (witchout exceeding the purple lines)
    If my skin be included in the game, will there be problems with the sizes (Like dogges or invisible killing, if you understand what I'm talking)?

6. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

If its only a few pixels shorter or taller it should be fine, but if its too different it might not work right.

7. FCx

FCx Level 2: Koopa

And will it have SMB All-Star SFX?

8. thanks for putting it in a spoiler, I would have been crushed, don't worry I'm not reading it in the quote :p

9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, after seeing that list, here's some that I think should be made eventually (by anyone) to round out the list even more:
    Mario, SMB2 Mario, 16-bit SMB2 Mario, 16-bit SMB3 Mario, SMW Mario
    Luigi, 16-bit SMB3 Luigi, SMW Luigi
    Bill, 16-bit/GB RD-008

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe map/theme skin
    8-bit/16-bit SMB2 map/theme skin
    16-bit SMB3 map/theme skin
    SMW map/theme skin
    I don't know how much space skins take up, or how much SMBC is struggling with filesize, so if these seem unnecessary, please ignore them.

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

What is the difference between the two dark blue waters on the map skins? I know red is lava and light blue is the one that you don't swim in, but why are there two rows of dark blue?

oh and why four underwater coral?

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Certain skins use more sprites than were in the original SMB. I guess some of the skins use four corals.

12. this is up to Jay to decide,

the entire game is unnecessary, SMB is a damn good game. nothing needed to be changed. that's what makes SMBC awesome, is that Jay said. I'm going to take an already awesome game, and add some things, that are totally not necessary, and put them in the game regardless.

Plus, it's Jay's game. ANYTHING HE SAYS IS NECESSARY! INSTANTLY BECOMES NECESSARY!

13. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Hey Ryuza, any chance that you guys could post all of the skins currently in the game somewhere? I don't mean a list, but rather the actual skin sheets themselves. It's kind of hard seeing what tiles are used for what (especially with the theme skins), and it would be a lot easier if we had the current skin sheets to kind of cross reference with the game and eachother so that it would be easier to understand for those of us who want to make skins.

14. TheomanZero

I think that in general, as many skins as possible should have an 8-bit, 16-bit, and Game Boy version. If you need ideas for a skin to make, try a missing version from one of the current skins.

15. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

I have to agree with silentshadow. Since there are so many theme skins it is a little difficult to tell what corresponds to what without being able to see it all side-by-side.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Someone should make SNES and GB versions of RD-008, and all versions for RC-011 (Probotectors' Lance). Also we need NES and GB versions of Dark Samus.

17. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'll have a go at it.

Mitewing likes this.
  18. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Dark Samus.png
    Varia colours:
    Dark Samus 8-bit Varia.png
    EDIT:
    Dark Samus GB colours.png
    Varia:
    Dark Samus Varia GB colours.png

20. TheomanZero

Beautiful.
    I know that there is a GB Probotector game (European version of Operation C), but I can't find the sprites anywhere. If anyone can find or rip them, that should take care of the GB version of RD-008 (and possibly also RC-011).