Official Skin Templates

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Ryuza, Jan 16, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Is it possible one or both of those screenshots was taken from an emulator?
    That said, SMB was for the NES and Vs SMB was Arcade, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were slight palette differences due to different hardware.
    EDIT: Okay, a few minutes' research has taught me that Vs. Super Mario Bros was on hardware called the Nintendo Vs. System, which was very similar to the NES but had four special chips containing different palettes. Unfortunately I don't know where to find these palettes, or which one Vs SMB used.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I've sent updated versions of the templates to Mario-Fan to be updated on the wiki. The most significant changes are as follows:
    • The empty space along the top of all sheets has been discontinued, and thus removed from the templates and official sheets (the sheets on the wiki pages have not yet been updated to match this change)
    • The enemy sheet now has a fourth Bullet Bill sprite, the Bullet Bills are properly aligned, Lakitu's sprites have been swapped, and Bowser's hammers are now on the sheet.
    • The map sheet now has the "switch pressed" sprite, below the Yoshi egg and leaves, but note that these squares are to remain blank if you don't need anything to be there (e.g., grabbing the axe in SMB just leaves a blank space behind)
    • The theme sheet now has the tree trunks separated from the top parts of the trees

TheomanZero likes this.
  4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So from now on should we remove it or is it just for the templates?

5. sbq92

The empty space has been discontinued, so feel free to remove it. I'll be removing it if the skinner doesn't, but it's minimal effort to do so anyway.

6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I didn't expect him to use e-mail. :D Templates have been updated. Sheets not so much.

Rey D and sbq92 like this.
  7. sbq92

Thanks for doing that. :)

8. Gokario

Gokario Level 3: Paratroopa

Where's the Mario/Luigi Template?

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Hmm... In the Skin Templates page?
    [​IMG]

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. Gokario

Gokario Level 3: Paratroopa

I'm quitting skins because it's impossible for me, a goomba to skin without being judged unfairly for your first try at a skin.

11. Rey D

Patron

Unfairly? I know a few people have some rude way to criticize, but if you can't bare any criticism, then you clearly can't try submitting skins.

TheomanZero, uglyrodent and Mr.Giang like this.
  12. uglyrodent

I assure you that we're not elitist asshole who judge based on a user's rank.

aliceandsven and TheomanZero like this.
  13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Mitewing likes this.
  14. uglyrodent

Does anybody have the 8-bit, Super Mario Bros Theme sheet? The one on the wiki is all fucked up and unusable for what I'm trying to do.

EDIT: I got the sheet from Rey D, but seriously...the one on the wiki needs to be replaced with a non-terrible version.

EDIT 2: It sounds like it's just me having it act like that.

15. sbq92

What's wrong with it? What is it doing?

EDIT: I just uploaded an updated version, so whatever the problem was, hopefully it's fixed now.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. uglyrodent

I know I didn't really elaborate; I was more focused on getting the skin itself >_>

I haven't checked if it's fixed yet, but from what I can gather, I was the only one having that problem. What was happening was whenever I saved it and opened it, I got something like this:
    aim-sc-2012-07-04--15-59-28.png
    Except the whole thing was all fucked up like that.

It appears to be happening with the one you just put up too, so I'm thinking there's something going on on my end.

I got the skin in the end though, so unless anyone else is experiencing this I guess the problem is solved.

17. Rey D

Patron

If you happen to need a skin/skin template again, you know who you can contact. :)

18. sbq92

What are you running it in? GIMP?

19. uglyrodent

Yes, GIMP, although it also appears on the site and nothing else does it (that I know of).

20. sbq92

That is really weird... I think I've had a couple of images do that to me, too, though. I don't use GIMP, but they appeared that way in the program I use (NeoPaint). I'm not sure why it wouldn't be displaying properly.