Small Additions To Make The Game Better

Discussion in 'Features' started by Captain Rizer, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Now I played recently 2.0 for quite some time and I played around with it and I found plenty of small little mistakes that I will list later on. Now I am not saying that the game is as buggy as a Bethesda game there are just some elements that If changed would increase the playability.

Here are just a few:

1. Being able to access the pause menu from the character selection screen
    2. Make a goomba stomp cheat so characters that now can't jump on enemies can (I died like 100 times figuring out nobody can jump on goombas anymore >.< but thats my fault I never play with tutorials on)
    3. Also another cheat should be either have all weapons or weapon select for all characters
    4. When the title screen opens up with the Game Boy version most of the characters don't jump over the pipes and Mario runs through a lot of goombas
    5. Give mega man rush coil back at the beginning. He can't jump up to a lot of places at the very beginning of the game and by that I mean it took me a couple minutes to get over the 4th pipe in 1-1 he just kept getting stuck.
    And thats all I can think of off the top of my head right now and I'd just like Jay to consider some of these getting fixed.

BUT IF YOU (The Members) have anything that you think could be slightly tweaked post it! This thread isn't for big suggestions like adding big link or something like that this is just for the small stuff that makes the game more enjoyable.

In conclusion, the game has come a long way and I love it its one of the best flash games around and props to Jay and Ryuza for such hard work Bravo you two. Bravo.

-Captain Rizer :bill:

SimplyMatt and uglyrodent like this.
  2. huang17

huang17 Level 3: Paratroopa

I think all characters should be allowed to stomp on the enemies that Mario and Luigi can stomp. Goomba's heads are soft, after all. There are several different ways this could be implemented. I will list them in order of preference.
    1. Main Feature. All characters can stomp certain enemies, no matter what.
    2. Gain stomping ability with Mushroom.
    3. Introduce as a cheat.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think it should be a cheat. Lack of stomping is more faithful, makes the characters more distinct, and makes the Mario bros. more worthwhile. But since it was in previous versions, you should be able to earn it back.

4. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I have two small suggestions as well, so I'll add them here.

Randomization for GB switch and (more-so) for char skins.

5. Uarux

Uarux Level 1: Goomba

I miss the flying ability of Sophia, and also i think all the characters should be able to stomp on enemies too !!!

6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

When you get the right item, you can get it back. No worries.
    How long did you hold down the jump button? He should have his high jump.

7. Captain Rizer

For as long as possible the GB setting still has a few bugs in it this being one of them cause if you watch the opening with GB mode on some characters dont do what they normally do.

8. SimplyMatt

SimplyMatt Level 2: Koopa

Screw the logic, or Bill Rizer will just pwn everything in his way and then Ryu will never be used.

I would usually like games to be more logical but the characters have to be balanced out. Anyway, it was like this when the game got first released but (I haven't been on for the last year, forgive me) I guess people have discussed a more fairer system for the characters which ultimately makes the game more fun to play.

9. Captain Rizer

I thought of some more additions:

1. Character Options Menu
    Now I have thought about this and it seems like a good idea.
    Where you can change the attributes of specific characters. Because normally Classic Samus and Classic Simon would not be filed under "cheats". Things like this and other attributes like this and others:
    Classic Sophia: Where She has Hover All The Time
    Mega Man Jump: High Jump, Always Have R. Coil

2.Gameplay Options Menu
    Goomba Stomp: All characters can stop goombas and koopas with out getting damaged
    Classic Screen Scroll:
    Classic Powerups: Makes it so you get the normal mushroom then fire flower gamely like the previous versions or you could have it say, Powerups System: and it toggles between weapons and classic

And Maybe organize the options menu and have it go like this:

Options>Sound, Graphics, Character, and Gameplay Options

Frozsoul likes this.
  10. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe there would be a new menu labled CHARACTERS.
    Whoops! Forgot the orange/yellow coloring.
    Maybe there would be a new menu labled CHARACTERS.
    It'd allow you to change your characters in game. Each character would have a way to get in/out of the stage.
    E.g Megaman teleports in and out of the stage.
    Sophia flies from the top of the stage down.
    Bass Teleports just like Megaman.
    Mario comes out of a mushroom pod.
    Luigi jumps from the left of the screen..
    Bill just runs torward you/the side of the screen.
    Uhhhhhh.................
    Simon double jumps from Coin Heaven.
    I think that's all..
    WHOOPS! Forgot link and samus.

When link goes away, he bomb jumps upward.
    When link comes down, he falls down DWTMFing and bounces of the ground, and lands on his feet, where your character was.
    Samus comes out/in (of) a ship.
    That's all the characters there!

Frozsoul likes this.
  11. huang17

huang17 Level 3: Paratroopa

In theory it sounds like a good idea, but only if the cheat is always unlocked like Classic Simon/Samus/Screen Scroll.

12. TheomanZero

Nah, you should have to earn it. Being unable to stomp doesn't really make the other characters much harder to play as, so I think "All Characters Stomp" would be more in line with "Unlimited Time" or "Unlimited Ammo".

13. Xman321

Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I made a thread for 3

14. Captain Rizer

A weapon select menu? But more as a cheat purpose. Like "Give all weapons" or "Weapon Toggler" for characters like Bill or Ryu.

15. TheomanZero

You mean a cheat that lets you get any weapon at any time? That could be interesting . . .

16. Captain Rizer

Exactly.png

17. blackjack021

blackjack021 Level 2: Koopa

Have it so that when Simon destroys blocks, there's a chance hearts will appear, as if he was whipping a candle in Castlevania. Not every block, not every time, or it'd be too easy to farm to 99 on 1-2 or something, but at least a chance so you don't rely only on koopas when playing on hard or extreme.

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  18. Teppic

Teppic Level 1: Goomba
    Patron

Be able to save the game in the main menu.

TheomanZero likes this.
  19. TheomanZero

This would be good. It's a little annoying having to start a new game to save all the cheats I unlocked.

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So I spotted a few stuffs to make the game better too:
    1. Classic Simon falls straight vertically, but in Castlevania, he stills goes a bit forward.
    2. I suggest changing the Cross pickup. It will probably make it look better.
      crossincv.png smbc_edit01.png
    3. Adding the sound Simon make when falling on the ground in Castlevania?

Drake, Frozsoul and TheomanZero like this.