Small Additions To Make The Game Better

Discussion in 'Features' started by Captain Rizer, Feb 12, 2012.

1. DeathKnight

DeathKnight Level 0: Newbie

wat about easy jumping for bill:?

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

a web browser like in Steam games!

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Once i saw my brother watching Youtube through Steam. He said he didn't notice it was Steam.

Seriously now, Swapping the Z and X keys to match every single emulator out there.

sbq92 likes this.
  4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

An unlockable dating sim with Samus?

5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

You know, there was briefly a version of the game (version 1.1.02) in which Simon had three jumping options: Easy (like default Simon now), Hard (like Classic Simon now), and Classic (identical to Hard except Simon moved forward while falling, like you're talking about). In 1.2, the "Simon Jump" option was replaced with the "Classic Simon" cheat, and cheats can only be either "on" or "off", so that's how we got where we are today.
    I guess I wouldn't mind changing Classic Simon to 1.1.02's "Classic" option, if we're trying to be faithful to the original games.

Rey D likes this.
  7. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Could I request a sticky for this thread? Because users are making entire threads about the small stuff and I don't feel like saying move it to this thread every time they make one. But if not thats cool.

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  8. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

An option to select one of the 3 current power up styles, regardless of game difficulty.

The following changes for characters:

Link: Doesn't start with boomerang. Separate Red Ring and Magic Sword again.
    Mega Man: Start with Rush Coil and keep high jump.
    Ryu: Start with shuriken like NG 2. Mushroom gives him Sword extension. Hanging ability from NG 3. All other powerups from all games.
    Samus: Start with Maru Mari, but without bombs.

sbq92 likes this.
  9. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So what's Maru Mari?

10. Mitewing

Samus' morph ball.

11. TheomanZero

The Morph Ball. That was what it was called in the original Metroid because translation was poor back then.
    EDIT: Guess I was beaten to it.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Mitewing

My ideas are to make characters start out more like in their original games.

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I think it would be nice if you could more easily see your character when you change skins in-game. Usually the in-game menu blocks most of the middle of the screen, which is where your character appears most of the time. The only way to see what skin you're changing to in-game is by looking at the profile picture, but it's not always obvious what skin you've selected based on the profile picture.

TheomanZero and ThomasMink like this.
  14. TheomanZero

I like all of these except the ones for Link. I think he has just about the right number of items to collect now, and your suggestions would give him two more.
    EDIT: Actually, I've changed my mind -- I do want the Red Ring and Magic Sword to be separated again. But I still want Link to start with the Boomerang.

15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Good idea. The current solution is learning their order. That's what I did (and naturally).

16. Frozsoul

Some more small suggestions:
    1. When you die in Survival mode and there is only one character remaining in your selectable roster, that character should automatically be selected next. It's a bit redundant at that point to go back to the character select screen and only have the choice of the one remaining character.
    2. It would be nice if the small power-up icons by your profile picture that represent limited ammo/ability power-ups were flashing when star power is activated, as a visual reminder that you have unlimited ammo during star power (it's something I often seem to forget)
    3. When changing options in-game, the attack button reverts you back to the previous menu. However, once you're at the first menu screen, the attack button does nothing. Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be nice if the attack button at this menu screen defaulted your cursor position to "Resume Game" as a way of getting back to the game quicker. I know you can just press the pause button at any time in the menu to get back to the game, but I always press the jump button at the "Resume Game" to get back to the game.

TheomanZero likes this.
  17. TheomanZero

None of these would hurt, as far as I can tell.
    EDIT: I've changed by mind about one of Mitewing's suggestions -- I do want the Red Ring and Magic Sword to be separated again. I've also noted this above.

18. Frozsoul

When playing as Mega Man or Bass, if you collect an energy power-up while your regular arm cannon is selected (or you've selected a weapon that has full energy), it currently does nothing. I know that result is accurate to the original NES games, but I think it would be a great feature if your weapon with the lowest energy automatically received the energy boost from an energy power-up when your regular arm cannon is selected (or you have selected a weapon with full energy), similar I think to the Mega Man X games. It would avoid having to switch to specific energy weapons just to receive the benefit of the energy (which would also make killing rows of enemies with star power more satisfying), it would balance out a disadvantage of Mega Man or Bass with other characters (no other character has to worry about switching weapons to receive more ammo) and honestly it would make me choose Mega Man or Bass more often.

19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This is called the "Energy Balancer". MM and Bass totally have it. It's just a powerup instead of an automatic thing. And frankly, it isn't THAT much of a pain to switch to the weapon you want to recharge. Not having it is less convenient, but it is in no way a disadvantage.

TheomanZero likes this.
  20. Frozsoul

Thanks for the clarification. While I would prefer that it was enabled by default, it's good to know that it's at least available in the game.

Editing to avoid a double-post:
    Another idea I have is for the character select screen. Currently when you move the cursor from a character's icon onto the random character icon, it will continue to show the name, profile picture, and power-ups of the character that you just moved from. I think it would be better if it showed the question mark icon for the profile picture, changed the name to "RANDOM" and did not show any power-up icons/energy bars while your cursor is on the random character icon.