Small Additions To Make The Game Better

Discussion in 'Features' started by Captain Rizer, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That seems simple and appropriate.
    EDIT: I've mentioned this in other threads too, but Simon should have unlimited double jumps underwater.

2. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

I noticed nobody replied to you. But what do you mean easy jumping for bill? I mean his jumping is as easy as it gets.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I think he means so that you don't have to press left and right at the same time to stop moving.

4. Captain Rizer

Oh never really noticed that O.o im always running as bill haha.

Um can I get that sticky?

5. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Little idea for Megaman and Bass: How about having them acquire Koopa Fire as a weapon if they finish a castle stage with a mushroom? You know, in the name of gameplay authenticity and all.

Actually, better idea: If they finish 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, or 4-4, they get Koopa Fire. If they finish 5-4, 6-4, or 7-4, they get Koopa Hammer.

6. TheomanZero

Maybe only if they beat Bowser without using the Axe.

7. Captain Rizer

If anybody said a music test a second that right now.

8. TheomanZero

That has its own thread here:
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/sound-test.14592/
    By the way, I already mentioned this in another thread, but . . . since Samus' Ice Beam could freeze Kraid's claws and Ridley's fireballs in Metroid, she should be able to freeze Hammers and Bowser's Fireballs in SMBC.

9. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

They are fine the way they are right now.

10. TheomanZero

Well, yeah . . . I could go either way.
    Also, as sbq92 pointed out in another thread, in Castlevania the Axe could pierce through multiple enemies (unlike the Knife). This should definitely be implemented in SMBC.

11. Crownjo

I think that's a good suggestion.

TheomanZero likes this.
  12. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I suppose my request can go here. :)

I was thinking about how the map and interface skins currently contain the Mushroom, Flower, etc., power-up graphics. However, I actually think it would make more sense to include those with the characters themselves. If they're attached to the level skins, you would have weird situations such as Link getting a 1-Up from picking up a Mega Man head. While this isn't really that big a deal, it would be nice to have some consistency. Enabling character skins to define the power-ups graphics would really help add to the feel of playing as that character, I think.

Thoughts?

ThomasMink and uglyrodent like this.
  13. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

This sounds like a great idea to me.

As an aside, for characters who can switch between using different weapons during gameplay (i.e. Link, Mega Man, Bass, SOPHIA III) I think it would be a great idea for a thin white outline to surround the small icon at the top of the screen that represents the weapon that is currently selected. It would just be another nice visual cue when switching weapons, particularly for Mega Man or Bass that can have several to switch between.

ThomasMink and sbq92 like this.
  14. TheomanZero

Well, each character's items are on their own sheets, and I guess it makes sense for everything that comes out of ? boxes to be in the same place.

15. sbq92

True, but I think it would just be a really nice touch if each character could have their own Mushroom, Flower, etc., graphics regardless of the current level skin.

16. TheomanZero

Er, I was agreeing with you . . . was my wording unclear? I meant that since each character has their own items on their sheet, it would make sense if their Mushrooms and so forth were included too.
    EDIT: Since shooting while on ladders was a major part of Mega Man games, maybe Mega Man and Bass should be able to shoot while on vines? And also SMB3 Mario, if he ends up in the game somehow (I think you could use fireballs on vines in SMB3, but it might have been added for SMA4)?

17. sbq92

Sorry, I interpreted your wording as suggesting you might be supporting keeping things as they are. My bad. :)

I haven't tried it, but I thought Mega Man/Bass could already shoot on vines, since the sprites are in their sheets. I'm guessing you've tried it, then.

18. TheomanZero

I have tried it, and they can't. If it's on their sheets, maybe it's a feature to be implemented later? It wouldn't make much difference now, but it really could if a Level Editor gets in.
    Also, I thought of another thing: could Simon and Ryu be able to use their sub-weapons with Up + Attack (in addition to Special)? I like having the extra button and would keep using it, but I think the purists might appreciate having the old way too, and as far as I can tell adding it wouldn't conflict with the existing control scheme at all. It's okay to have two ways of doing something, right?

19. Crownjo

Thing is climbing doesn't play a big role like SMB3 does? So throwing weapons on vines is kinda useless.

20. Captain Rizer

I was just about to say this, sure it would be nice but what is the point? So you can shoot those blocks in 4-2 just cause? And all the other vines in the game just go strait to the bonus zone where there is no need for it. The only thing that would be helpful on a vine is if link could throw his boomerang on it thats about it.