Official SMB Special vs. Lost Levels

Discussion in 'Game' started by Ryuza, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Which stages would be easier for us to add?

1. SMB Special

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Lost Levels

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Superjustinbros

Superjustinbros Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Okay guys, I discovered something about the Clock item based on a Russian Let's Play:

When you grab the clock in 8-3, the following things happen:
    *Your timer is increased by 100 seconds.
    *You are awarded 1,000 points
    *The score graphic for said score value is shown, and the basic "power up" sound effect is heard.

As you can see, there is no "+100 SEC" or any similar graphic as I originally thought.

The Lucky Star also gives 1,000 points and enemies killed by it award their original point values when stomped/shot without taking combos into consideration.

2. sonicmariofan

sonicmariofan Level 3: Paratroopa

SPECIAL

Faruga likes this.
  3. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

[​IMG]

MissingNo2 and Faruga like this.
  4. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I know I shouldn't bump this old thread, but something came to mind about Lost Levels. With the big reveal on the 3.0 trailer, I wonder what the trailer revealing Lost Levels will be like.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

More skins definitely. And hopefully new weapons and new abilities for the characters. Hopefully some skins like Toad, Peach, and Proto Man will officially become their own characters with the substantial changes to make it so.

6. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I doubt Toad and Peach will be their own character, but since some characters skins work slightly differently that the original one (e.g. Quick Man to Bass) Toad should run faster and Peach should be able to float, both from SMB2.

7. ryantee82

ryantee82 Level 1: Goomba

3.0? Wait, what's that? o.o

8. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

You mean, you don't know about SMBC 3.0 or what?

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  9. ryantee82

I know about SMBC but the 3.0 version is news to me. (I've been out of the loop.) I tried to get it to play, the controls aren't working. It just keeps taking me back the first menu no matter which of the four options I select.

Sort of off-topic but I was trying to find a website that had a handful of SMB1 hacks on it. I thought I had bookmarked it a couple years back but I guess not? Its where I first came across SMBC. Anyone know of it/any?

10. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

romhacking.net, maybe?

11. ryantee82

I don't think that was it. I want to say the site had a lot of games you could play via your browser.

Btw anyone ever heard of the "Hiro Mario" SMB hack? I'm trying to get FCE Ultra to play it but it won't open it.

12. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

http://virtualnes.com/ maybe?

13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

14. ryantee82

Yeah, it wasn't VirtualNES. The games were ROM hacks. They were altered versions of Super Mario Bros. 1. Checking out Vizzed. :D Thanks! It looks promising