Official SMB Special vs. Lost Levels

Discussion in 'Game' started by Ryuza, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Which stages would be easier for us to add?

1. SMB Special

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Lost Levels

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

It was a joke gaiz

2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah i knew it but the feeling was so intense i had to scream about how that was horrible.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I just want SMB Special and SMB2J.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Lilfut

Me too, but only one can be in the next version.

5. Omicron

Not necessarily.

Rey D and Crownjo like this.
  6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

omg that game is amazing

and if it was made by nintendo on the SNES you wouldn't have a problem with it

think about it, mario picking up boxes to throw or hide in as a new ability (like how he was able to pick up koopa shells... if that ability never happened and pirates made it, would you hate it??)

Thank you for posting that video

Lilfut and Rey D like this.
  7. Omicron

Mario squeaks like a squirrel when trying to stomp enemies and failing at it

8. Lilfut

Also, he can fire hadoukens. Your argument is invalid.

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

MOVED TO CORRECT THREAD :
    I've been reviewing the maps for both games. While there are some areas that might need revising in SMBS, it doesn't appear that it's as much as SMB2J. Specifically for Mega Man, a lot of his problems would be solved if he kept the high jump and began with Rush Coil. He does so in his regular games so there is precedence. And he wouldn't use it enough to worry about having no energy for it.

TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  10. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

12. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Special has WAY more new content than Lost Levels.
    Lost levels has new NPCs, recolors, and all kindsa stuff, while SMBLL has a new ground block and a new brick block. That's all for graphics, except for the castle & title.
    The only thing you'll need to do for LL is to make like, 4 new blocks. Smb Special will take like, 50.
    SMB LL doesn't have any new powerups, yet Special does.
    Really, all you'll have to do it make 4 new blocks, with the exact same AI, and then make the game, and check where the platforms go.
    Oh yeah, and the game would be f'ed up by the Not-So-Side-Scroller screen switching.

13. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

I'm preety sure jay won't use this type of scrolling if he chooses SMBS :p

Mitewing likes this.
  14. Mitewing

Ryuza said about Special: "SMB Special is normally broken up into multiple screens per stage but if we were to add it it would be a full scrolling stage and the graphics would match SMB."

sbq92 likes this.
  15. Omegaman

Yes, but that'd ruin the feel of Special.

16. Mitewing

They are trying to fix what was wrong with Special to begin with. The problem with the "feel" was that it was terrible due to the inferior hardware it was released on. It was virtually unplayable. They are going to fix that.

TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  17. Omegaman

It wouldn't be Special, then.
    Hah, you see what I did there?

18. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

SMBS skin?

19. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I voted Lost Levels because obviously it's just Poison Mushrooms for new powerups if you can call them that. Red Piranha Plants easy to add the wind would be the hardest addition. Angry Hammer Bros. already exist as a cheat to.

Edit:But even though Lost Levels would be easier and is more familiar to gamers I think Special would be more fun as long a scrolling is added which I'm sure it would be.

Edit 2:
    Well it could be done but if so I'd recommend finding maps to the dark levels and making them normal. But it's up to you Jay and as long as we get Special, Bros. ain't no big loss.

ryantee82 likes this.
  20. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

They could put it as a cheat. Like classic screen scroll.

TiagoDu likes this.