SMB1 SNES 8-4 Map Skin

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mew, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Mew

Mew Level 2: Koopa

Salutations.

It's been months since I last posted and I noticed a new update has been released. In fact, I noticed there's been updates every few days even!

But I've noticed that although a lot of new features have been added, they have not corrected a graphical goof I had noticed months ago.

Namely, it regards the SMB1 Super Mario All-Star map skin.

The map skin is mostly accurate for the most part. It even got most of the unique backgrounds, such as 8-3's or 8-4's during the underwater section.

However, for some reason, the normal castle sections of 8-4 still use the standart SMB1 All-Star background instead of the unique castle background used for 8-4.

[​IMG]
    This is the standart background, which the skin use for 8-4...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    And those are screenshots I found showing off the intended background for 8-4.

I'm pointing this out because the update give many of the new skins (such as the Zelda 2 one) an unique map skin for 8-4 and even unique music. But the SMB1 All-Star skin still use the standart castle background for 8-4!... despite using the special 8-4 underwater background for the underwater room!

So? Thinking of once again pointing out this since I'm back and all.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If the thread is not in the right section, I apologize in advance. But since it's not an actual bug and concern a map skin, I thought this might be the correct section for it.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It is right! Thanks for posting about it!

TheomanZero likes this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I would certainly like to see this in the game.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I can't believe I didn't notice this before. I'll try to get it setup for the next update. I don't think the lightning in the windows will be possible, but I can definitely do the rest of the background. :)

TheomanZero likes this.