Duplicate SMB2 NES/SNES: Version number is near illegible

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Faruga, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

[​IMG]
    The NES version isn't as bad, but it's still not good.

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This was actually brought up before. I really don't think it's a big deal at all, certainly not worth changing the menu font colors from the official colors to something else for something as small as a little bit of text that appears only at the beginning of the title screen sequence and never again.

3. Faruga

Patron

You could put the version number in a box :p

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I don't think it's much less work than changing the font.

5. Faruga

Patron

That isn't a structure I've seen often in English.
    So you think it's slightly less work than changing the font, or even more work?
    Well, of course, it's obviously far less work to change the font, that's just editing an image file.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I roam the forums even in the process of falling asleep. :p

I meant this. And yet editing the font won't happen, so having a box added to the menu won't - that was the point I meant.

7. Faruga

Patron

I think the font won't be changed because source accuracy, not because complicate.
    Would you prefer to spend more time coding or make all your fans angry (note: slight exaggeration)?

8. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The actual act of changing the font is very easy, but its style and color are directly from SMAS: SMB2 and work properly with the menus, which are also directly from the game. It looks good everywhere else, and the version number appears fine on all other skins, so I don't think it's really a problem.