SMBC 2 Attempted to be Ported?

Discussion in 'Game' started by MissingNo2, Jul 15, 2012.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Hey, my first thread! Anyway, on the top of this page on Jay is Games, I found this.
    smbc2.png
    As you can clearly see, Mario's Gameboy mugshot is on the list. I clicked it, and it brought me to "Super Mario Bros Crossover 2". (my browser's being bullshit and saying the plugin's out of date, so someone tell me if it works or not? Neither SMBC nor Rokko-Chan work on this site for me, but they work fine on their respective sites.)

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This looks like an unauthorized copy of the game. You should message Jay about it.

ZeroXBeoulve and Rey D like this.
  3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Someone kill that site.

With a really, really, big gun.

4. uglyrodent

Why? Jayisgames is cool sometimes. And they were actually a fairly large proponent of SMBC.

5. Omicron

→ Our site specifically tells webmasters not to embed the game.
    → The game is rigged not to work outside of ER, so that guy had to hack the game to do it.
    → They don't have a report button.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

There's also Rokko Chan?

Is there any way to report the embed games?

7. Omicron

No. It annoyingly doesn't have any button that is not for promoting itself.

8. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

10. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

From that site.

uglyrodent and Faruga like this.
  11. Faruga

Patron

I am going to email them and point out that we know about it, say that we specifically say not to embed it and link to this thread.

12. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

So there's a 2 now?

.... Cool.
    /sarcasm inb4 stupid motherfuckers try and quote this

13. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Clever bastard. But I'm more clever.

14. Faruga

Patron

This is the work-in-progress e-mail:
    Hello Jay,
    I heard about "Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2" on Jay is Games and got your e-mail address, so I assumed that you had something to do with Jay is Games. If not, then I apologise for the misunderstanding. If so, then hello, I wish to register a complaint.
    I don't know a whole lot about Jay is Games, so I don't know if the games are user-submitted like on Newgrounds or are put on by the administrators, and I'm not exactly part of Exploding Rabbit, the creators of Super Mario Bros. Crossover (although I am a sysop on the wiki), but I do know what you can and can't do, which includes that you shouldn't put it on any site other than explodingrabbit.com. I don't know if you've talked to Exploding Rabbit about it or if someone just went and put it on your site, but this is where it says that you shouldn't put it on any other site. It's even rigged up so that it will only work on explodingrabbit.com, so it was obviously hacked. It is currently being discussed on the Exploding Rabbit Forums.
    Yes, I intentionally quoted the parrot sketch.

15. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I doubt "SMBC 2" is a thing, or we would have heard about it, and we probably would have heard about it first. Are you sure you're not clicking on one of those stupid ad banners?

16. uglyrodent

I doubt it's an ad banner. Those tend to get selected at random, but the thing on jayigames looks like it shows up consistently. It's just part of the site, I think.

17. Faruga

Patron

SMBC 2.0

18. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

oh

well yeah they probably just tried to grab it, considering they're a sort of compilation site for flash games.

19. Faruga

Patron

Are the games user-submitted or put on by the owners? Speaking of which...

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Could you mention that Rokko Chan is meant to be played on King Soukutu's site as well?