Smbc Development Update

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Since the discussion has turned to ZII Link, I'd like to reply to something before the topic of this thread goes back to the update:
    Yes, it does, but it's the same with Simon Belmont...

Scorpion42 likes this.
  2. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

That is fucking awesome. You have won the 100% certified Denis Leary Asshole award...

Open at your own risk
    Sorry Jay I shouldn't have derailed this thread blabbing about Link that's what the Wiki is for. Hope your not mad.:(

EDIT: First of all I was only joking. Due to the fact that I always call myself or anyone that makes an asshole minded joke. Even though I'm still here so I suppose it was taken the way I meant it as a joke. Second though it looks like I was quoting Jay's comment on Link looking like he is taking a shit. If you look closely at the quote which was meant to be of Mario-Fan's joke the addition to the quote that proves this is the fact it says...
    Yes, it does, but it's the same with Simon Belmont...

Reason I'm apologizing though is I was worried that Mario-Fan took it the wrong way because. He didn't post again in this thread after this post. Like a lol or lmao or anything. So I wanted to make sure I didn't hurt his feelings or make him mad. Only to lo and behold the fact that he didn't notice that I quoted him because he quoted Jay and I quoted Mario-Fan after that trying to quote his matching joke about Simon looking similar to Link as far as looking like they were shitting. So I don't really remember how to make a quote with the name of the person I'm quoting.

So all I got name wise was of course the Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Rabbit when I quoted the message. Which if Mario-Fan thought I meant Jay then anyone else including Jay could have thought it was toward Jay. If so Jay would have thought I was calling him an asshole for not adding Z2 Link which is far from true. And besides I was only joking. But still if anyone got they're feelings hurt or got mad especially Jay I am truly sorry.

3. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

There will be more music, but it's set up the same as before.

4. fire sonic power

fire sonic power Level 7: Bloober

Will skins be able to replace some weapons like Simon's axes with daggers? Or hamer bros hammers with ninja stars? I always thought they were ninja turtles anyway. But if were replacing the graphics might as well do it with the weapons as well. They could work exactly like before except that they look different now.

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

No Guile's Theme ;_;

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I personally don't think it will work. The way you throw axes and hammers isn't the same as knifes and ninja stars. So only skins won't make it.

No. Sorry for you.

7. Jay

Everything is skinnable.

8. Rey D

Patron

I just said it's not possible!
    ...Okay, it's skinnable, but knifes will go the same way hammers do, as it is just a skin, right?

9. Jay

Yeah it just changes the graphics. If you want you can change the hammer bros into monkeys and have them throw poo.

10. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

Wow! I can't believe I missed this until now. I'm really excited to see the skins and play with a bunch of mis-matched game skins. Thanks for the update jay.

And I'm not sure if this is completely obvious or not, but I'll ask anyway. Are the skins in this update only from the games that SMBC characters come from?

11. Rey D

Patron

I'm pretty excited 'cause we're in May, so I'll answer to waste a bit of my time.
    I guess they are, but in any case, Jay would not spoil the stuffs. That's what I think.

12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

When do you plan on releasing a video preview of the update so to blow away our collective brains and splatter them against the wall?

13. Rey D

Patron

I think we're enough teased like that. No need a trailer. I'm already slowly dying. But that's my opinion. :D If he does release one, I'll be watching it for days.

14. fire sonic power

fire sonic power Level 7: Bloober

I am soo placing that on my sig. :D

15. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well regardless I would enjoy another trailer Jay makes great trailers.
    I mean as far as videos go no offense I don't enjoy the playing my own game or the ones of the Super Mario World hack. But then again only because If Jay don't get what's up in the games particularly the SMW hack. Cause though as fun as a pool full of women in bikinis SMBC. If not more is more straight forward in gameplay and most of us know where everything is in the game and so it's harder to screw up. While watching someone else play more complex games when they don't know where the hell to go and I can plainly see myself where they should go. I don't want to yell at a video that won't listen to me and get frustrated and be bitching about why the hell Jay accidentally keeps missing the same door or a key or anything else for that matter.Therefore the trailers are awesome cause they often show the future of SMBC in a entertaining at times hilarious way.
    Whether it is the Mega Man screen that usually tells you what weapon Mega Man gets saying SMBC got Ryu from Ninja Gaiden or Mario scared to fight the Hammer Bros. and the Sophia III shows up and blows the Hammer Bros. away.
    Plus Jay talks back is cool to cause he practically get his say on. Which one of us are being assholes or not in the forums as well as simple Q & A. I never bothered with Fist Full of Potions though due to length but I'm sure it was awesome as well. So as far as a trailer on the upgrade I'm lookin forward to it.

16. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Where will the skin sheets be downloadable when the update arrives?

17. Jay

I don't plan on doing a trailer this time. I'm completely focused on the game, and making the trailers takes a long time because I like to do a really good job. Anyway, development has been going extremely well. I'm planning on adding in a few new things that I think will make people very happy. So there will be a few new things in the update besides the skins.

And notice I didn't say features, I said things. What could that mean? Let the traditional pre-release speculation begin!

By the way, I think I'm going to call it version 1.5, because I feel that it's halfway to what I imagine version 2.0 being.

18. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I can't handle any more hype in one single day!!!!!!!

19. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Blah! I hate the traditional pre-release speculation! I have been doing it for over five minutes, and I am going insane! Is it a new character? Or is it just Zelda 2 link. I don't know the exact definition of feature, so I must assume it is a character. PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME IN SUSPENSE!!!
    EDIT: I know all about how Zelda 2 link was cut from the game, but there has been discussion and jay said he would probably implant him.

20. Dr.Nope

Dr.Nope Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Acutally during the development of Link, Jay went through some tests with Adult Link as a playable chracter and also as a power-up, it seems he was too big for the levels and just wasn't fit for gameplay. So he was unfortunately cut.