Smbc Development Update

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Things, you say? THINGS!!!!! That are not features?!? GAHHHHHHH!!!! *boom* (grey matter and blood all over the place)

Anybody got any theories cuz I have a slight headache and can't focus for some reason.

EDIT: seriously though, the only idea I can think of is that it might be something like added abilities to existing characters. Maybe Jason has been added to Sophia. He isn't a new character but an update to an existing one.

2. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

In comparison to Mario at least in some hacks I've seen featuring Link in Super Mario Bros. they are the same size. But I'm sorry to sound demanding and or mean but...

Tweak some physics or shrink the sprite a little. I mean I don't know about Mega Man's physics in comparison from Mega Man Games two the real Super Mario Bros. But look at him he started with a higher jump then a lower jump with Rush coil. Then finally after wars of words a cheat was made to change Mega Man's Jump from one or the other. Even though I'd rather Z1 Link and Z2 Link switchable somehow between dieing or level changing when playing as multiple characters. Though like I've said before it may look wierd two link's on one menu but there is always selecting Link with the special weapon button to use Z2 Link. Same with some other characters who have different sprite sheets in certain releases of they're games Somon Belmont for example if SNES characters or skins are made shrink down Simon's Super Castlevania sprites you kind of have all new gameplay 8 way whip anyone. But if it's more than a skin in this case there can't be two Simons on one character select menu so special attack button. As separate characters can Mega Man and X coexist on the same character select screen. Try our deluxe super powered special attack button.

This fine print states not all character variations mentioned will exist in next release. Special attack button only available on keyboards and controllers sold separately Jay will not be responsible for eternal loss of voice from repeatedly yelling this is fucking awesome at the top of your lungs. Some mild side affects include paling of skin due to lack of sunlight while playing for hours in your dark unlighted room.Be sure to ask your Psychiatrist if you mentally stable enough for Super Mario Bros. Crossover without becoming one with the hive mind of the game.

3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Skins is perfect for alternate versions of the character.

4. mitsymckenzie777

I suppose it could work I'm just referring to the fact that while they could work as skins. I'm not sure how flash games work. I guess Jay could work around this he made one of the best games of all time of course I was just thinking the different game play options that these characters have.

I kind of hate repeating myself but...

Such as if he gave Z1 Link extra weapons from TLoZ then added Z2 Link who is taller than Z1 Link meaning the sword mechanics would require the crouching ability. As well as to have the original feel of TAoL Z2 Link would have spells in oppose to weapons.

Simon on the other hand if Jay could decrease the size of the Super Castlevania sprites without ruining them being they could lose detail in the shrinking process and look ugly as hell. The 8 way whip would be way different than the one way whip that only goes straight in front of the direction Simon is facing.

X of course would have in my view the basic X Buster shot no charge and grow to a half way charging X Buster to finally the X Buster with the full charge received in Flame Mammoth's stage or Sigma stage 1. While Mega Man has the basic Mega Buster no charge then Mega Buster with charge then Atomic Fire.

While Jay could maybe bypass the original purpose of skins it just depends on the capabilities of the flash making program he uses.

5. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Another exciting and intriguing update Jay! New things instead of new features eh? Well I think it was already mentioned that there is unlikely to be any new characters, which makes me think it will be a combination of (i) new weapons for existing characters and/or (ii) new levels, perhaps the oft-requested Lost Levels!!

Whatever the case may be, May is shaping up to be a glorious month...

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So changing mind? No longer 2.0? WHATEVER JUST RELEASE IT! I'm just joking. So we're not gonna have features but.... THINGS? You're mean, you know that? But anyway, my brain's fucked. I'm a little busy so I'll let the good guys speculate double for me. :D

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"(i) new weapons for existing characters and/or (ii) new levels, perhaps the oft-requested Lost Levels!!"

Wouldn't these be features? Something in the game is a game feature. I think he means he added something or improved something in the coding or in the engine. Or maybe there are now ads for merchandise.

8. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Good point. Yes, I guess those probably would be considered new features...as pointed out by others, it's quite difficult to think of any improvement to SMBC other than new characters and fixing bugs that would not be considered a new feature. The speculation continues...

9. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

First, please don't color your posts in dark colors, it's annoying to try and read. Second, Adult Link is the same size as Super Mario.

Where will the skinnable sheets be downloadable when the update arrives, and where should we put our skins when they're finished?

10. mitsymckenzie777

I'm not quite sure What you mean if you mean that if Jay adds the ability to add our own custom skins. Which don't quote me on this. I believe Jay said that he will not be adding the ability to add custom skins that we made ourselves directly into the game at our own will. As far as like if I wanted to add girly pink landscapes with dark pink hearts all over the place. Then I would have to ask and wait for Jay to add them in the following update only if he wanted such added.

On the other hand if you mean how he is going to fit the skins into the character select menu. Then as a possibility he could use a new type of menu such as my Secret of Mana Ring style menu pictured in the spoiler below.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    For those of you unfamiliar with Secret of Mana skip to 0:59 for a small yet undetailed example of the ring menu system in the spoiler below.
    I can explain the rest as you briefly saw the menu spins as you scroll through your weapons,items,spells or option ring in SoM you can switch these rings by pressing up or down though unless too many characters were added to SMBC this feature would be useless... I'll get in more detail why in the wiki.

But not shown in the video though I was to lazy to watch the whole thing. In the if you select armor in the option ring or any element in the spell ring you would be taken to a sub ring.

In my pictures in the first spoiler the first ring on the left would be considered the main ring. However after choosing a character you would enter the sub ring to choose a skin.
    Unfortunately if Jay hasn't gotten to see this in the forums yet due to the forum being so vast in size. This option may most likely be not be in the update that is if he wanted to use it. Another possibility is a Super Smash Bros. style menu. I'll put it in the Wiki.

11. Ian Mallard

Ian Mallard Guest

I still can't wait until the new update! I'm so excited!

12. Metalhog

Metalhog Level 6: Lakitu

Very cool would be if these "things"were three new characters: Sonic (with their "Sonic Team" skins), Kirby and Rash.

13. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

probably not, a charicter is probably not the star of the show, or he would make a trailer, so I thimk it is Zo2 link

14. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I suspect at least one of the new "things" will be enemy deaths matching the deaths from their own games (I don't think that's a feature...is it?) It isn't something that's overly significant, yet it is a nice detail I think people would enjoy. I'm going to assume these new things are mostly (if not entirely) small details that don't actually affect gameplay but are little touches to the game to up the awesomeness factor a few more notches. :)

15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

As far as I know, we are getting no characters this update.

I'm hoping for an updates character select. The current one isn't bad...but it could be FAR better :D

16. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I meant: Where can we download sheets to skin, and where should we put them when finished, so Jay can see them and consider putting them in the game?

I hope it's toggleable then.

17. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Yeah a new character select screen would be awesome. It'd be so cool if that was a new feature.

By the way, I heard Mario has a brother that jumps a bit higher and slides around a bit more. That'd be cool if he was in the game.

18. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Man, that would be awesome. It's too bad we're not doing any characters this time around though, I wonder what we should add...

19. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Oh, I didn't realize we weren't putting in any new characters. I'll take him out then.

20. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!

LUIGI! You can't toy with us like that! Well, you can, it's your game...but still!