Smbc Development Update

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, Apr 30, 2011.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Opinions, man.

Rey D likes this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

*ahem*
    and
    ABSOLUTELY NOBODY SAYS ANYTHING HERE ABOUT THE UPDATE BEING OUT EXCEPT RYUZA AND ALICEANDSVEN?! *INSERT WTF BOOM HERE*

roman6a likes this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well duh, they're all too busy playing it.

ZeroXBeoulve, roman6a, Rey D and 2 others like this.
  4. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I would be playing myself, cept my laptop is crap, and no gamepad on it. I get home in an hour, and yeah.... let the games begin!

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I've been playing it this afternoon.

It's top shelf but it disappoints me that the non-Mario characters can't stomp now...

huang17 likes this.
  6. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

My Xbox controller has a messed up joystick that tilts slightly to the right when resting sometimes, plus there's generally some lag between hitting buttons and the actions happening, so I for one definitely prefer keyboard to controller.

7. NeutralZero

NeutralZero Level 1: Goomba

For me the update is not up.
    No matter how many times I refresh the update is not up,and I'm not switching browsers.

8. TheomanZero

How long did you wait? The page still lists the old date, and the old loading screen still comes up before it switches to the new one.

9. NeutralZero

NeutralZero Level 1: Goomba

10 minutes,running chrome.
    Actually 10 minutes waiting in the title screen,it loads fast,It still says v1.2.03.
    Edit:Now its working!

10. TheomanZero

Say, are there supposed to be two loading screens?

11. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

yes. first the original and then a black background one with numbers on the bottom right corner

if the second one doesn't come out and you have the old version try refreshing the page while holding down SHIFT to re-load the current (new) cache stored at the page to play the update

12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Oh great, now I have to hold Shift. Thanks guys.

13. TheomanZero

You may have noticed I've been hitting the "Feature Request" board pretty hard lately. I'd just like to make it clear that I really love this game, and I'm impressed with all the new features and improvements you've added. I'm only suggesting changes because I think that with some refinements this great game could be perfect.

Jdaster64, sbq92, uglyrodent and 2 others like this.
  14. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

I would like to think that your like/love of this game should be implied by the interest you're taking in contributing your thoughts and feedback.

Speaking as a game modder (oh, God, I can actually call myself that now), I genuinely appreciate any feedback I can get about my work. It's like having an army of unpaid beta testers working for me :)

And I'm sure that Jay feels the same way.

sbq92 and uglyrodent like this.
  15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well, this is a sort of bug, but as I don't know how it exactly happens, I'm not making a thread. Need investigating.

Anyway, I was in 4-2, playing as GB Ryu with only GB graphics (I think).
    The music was the GB remix of the 4-2 music in Ninja Gaiden NES. then, I entered the pipe, underground music. Then, got out, the music was not the 4-2 remix anymore. I turned back ACTIVE SKINS to NES and it was playing 4-2. I turned to GB&NES, it was not 4-2. It was weird...
    The music changes. Why? How exactly?

16. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I actually think it sometimes chooses random songs, I noticed this with Proto Man.

17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

If it was set to select random between Map and Character music, it might have been playing the Map's theme for 4-2 and then Ryu's, or vice versa.

18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ The map's theme would be Super Mario Land 2, right?

19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

If you were playing on Gameboy graphics, I think so. Unless there's another GB game on there I'm forgetting, but I'm sure there's not.

20. TheomanZero

I haven't tested this with all characters, so I'm just asking: Does playing with the SMB3 map skin as any characters besides Mario and Luigi give you more different songs?