SMBC found on StumbleUpon

Discussion in 'Game' started by aliceandsven, Jun 4, 2011.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

So I thought I would share this moment with everyone!

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if there are multiple instances of SMBC on the stumbleupon thing, but in this case it takes you to this screen, with SMBC in the top-left corner, on a black background.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad since it takes you to the .swf rather than an actual page. But at least we have exposure since a lot of people use stumble-upon and probably have their interests set to "gaming" or "internet" or whatever.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Jay said it helps him when we play on the site. He really should have a look at this.

3. nicpen

nicpen Level 5: Spiny

Even the Wikipedia page used to link to it, but some guy removed the link.

I think it doesn't make a difference to Jay if we play it here or here. Don't they both count equally as a "visit to his site?" We wouldn't be clicking the ads on the former anyway.

4. Rey D

Patron

Yeah, but you visit the site EVERY TIME you wanna play, right? ...HUH? What the f... is that?
    Anyway... Jay said it's better to go on the Exploding Rabbit site. I also prefer playing SMBC when it's on the center of the screen. :)

5. nicpen

6. Rey D

Patron

Hum yeah, but aren't the ads what help Mr.Jay Pavlina?

7. nicpen

I don't click them anyway. Do they get him ad revenue if they're viewed, or do they have to be clicked? If they have to be clicked, then I might as well just load the .swf.

8. Rey D

Patron

They give revenue when viewed, because you actually LOAD the advertissement.

9. nicpen

Oh, I see. I've never owned a website, so I didn't know how that worked. I guess I should start viewing it right on the site, then.

10. Rey D

Patron

I haven't either. I happen to have learned that somehow.