SMBC New Character Poll 2012

Discussion in 'Characters' started by djinnandtonic, Mar 11, 2012.

?

Which one do you think most fits into SMBC?

1. Sir Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)

20.0%
  2. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure

28.3%
  3. Pit (Kid Icarus)

16.7%
  4. Princess Peach Toadstool (SMB2)

6.7%
  5. Toad (SMB2)

3.3%
  6. Rash (Battletoads)

6.7%
  7. Bomberman (Bomberman series)

1.7%
  8. Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando)

1.7%
  9. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)

8.3%
  10. Wario (Wario Land)

6.7%
  1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

There would be other enemies they couldn't jump on (Spinies, Spike Tops, Bowser, etc). Toad and Peach's powerups would definitely work differently. To keep it similar to the other characters, they would probably get a random item to throw/use after getting a Mushroom (Random Vegetable, Bomb, Shell, POW block, Stopwatch). I think it would be very interesting to play.

Frozsoul and ThomasMink like this.
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think the main concern is that it might require overhauling the collision code.

ThomasMink and Mitewing like this.
  3. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Bet ya wondering who I voted for? Well,KIRBY! Lemme overview why I didn't choose all the others.

Arthur - Guy in his underwear.....yeah.
    Pit - Pretty much a Samus Clone.
    Peach - Mario Clone with flight.
    Toad - Faster Mario
    Rash - Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Bomberman - Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *boom*
    Radd Spencer - The dude can't freaking jump,plus he's weak.
    Sonic - This is why Sonic Boll was made!
    Wario - Ummm,Mario Clone with Bash or not?

4. huang17

huang17 Level 3: Paratroopa

Go Kirby!

5. Powerstars

Powerstars Level 3: Paratroopa

I chose Sonic, but now I wish I could change my vote. I'm not sure to what, though, they all look great!

6. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

KRIBY IS A MEAGMAN CLOEN IT WINS ABILITEIS FORM ENEMEIS PEROID!!!!11!!!eleven :p
    Anyway, kirby is preety cool and it's very unique, and it's my favorite, but i knew kirby would win by a far advantage so i just choose arthur since it's my second favorite.
    But i wonder if all people thought that way. :p
    Also, Wario isn't just a mario clone. It has ground pound, bash, and different powerups, and it's far bigger and have more firm physics, like these on Link. And he can pickup and throw enemies.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The question of this poll asks who fits best for SMBC, not who we want the most in the game. Of course, this makes my choice easier. I selected Arthur.

ThomasMink likes this.
  8. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I know Wario wouldn't be in for now but, DAMN!! He has his own music, his own theme, no taking from mario music. And his music is awesome. take a look on WL1, 2 and 3 soundtracks. TAKE A LOOK!!!!! AND YOU EVEN MAKE THIS A GOOD POINT!!!!!!!11!!!elevenone :(
    Wow......this was preety much a rage post. But, really, Wario is an unique character with his own good music. Taking from mario music would be.......i don't have words for it... ;-; :cry: ;_;

ThomasMink, Crownjo and Mitewing like this.
  9. Milesthumbs

Milesthumbs Level 0: Newbie

I voted for Kirby, because he is awesome.

10. Molly Jayne

Molly Jayne Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

... I'm very tempted to say Rad Spencer, but since the question is "Who do you think most fits?" and not "Who do you most want?", I'm torn between Wario and Kirby. Since they'd probably both be a bit easier to fit in.

Although, considering that one of my main reasons for joining was because I had a lot of thoughts on Spencer's potential inclusion in future versions of SMBC (saving those for his request thread when I feel like writing a brief essay :p), I am going to say I feel that listing "hasn't had a new release in years" is a bit misleading considering the Bionic Commando franchise has been much more active since 2008, and the latest game was released just over one year ago. And yes, it's the same character in every one of those games.

(Sorry. Bionic Commando geek here. ^_^; )

Mitewing and ThomasMink like this.
  11. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

My personal wishlist has included many characters listed on this poll (Kirby, Rash, Radd Spencer and Arthur). While each of these characters are iconic in their own right and would bring memorable music and gameplay to SMBC, I would ultimately choose Arthur as he seems to be the easiest to adapt to SMBC.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Ryu The Weredragon

Ryu The Weredragon Level 0: Newbie

I'd say pit. Part of me wants to have the last of the N-Team playable. Yes, I'm a dork.

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Boomgoestherabbit

Boomgoestherabbit Level 1: Goomba

Arthur would work well IMO.