SMBC Version 1.2 Delayed Slightly

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Nov 26, 2010.

1. that's exactly what I was thinking. :D

2. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Thanks for all the awesome comments. I think it's been taking me so long to recover because I continued working while being sick. I'm stubborn like that. I enjoy working on the game so much that it's very frustrating when something prevents me from working on it. I was trying to ignore being sick, but I just got worse every day. I finally started feeling better after I stayed in bed for an entire day.

3. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

thats good,jay! i dont like when im sick and have something really important to get done,but dumb colds and stomach viruses prevent it. anyway hope ya feel better ,cant wait to see what else your mind comes up with in the future.

4. Dungbeetle

Dungbeetle Level 1: Goomba

So Jay! What has been troubling you exactly (disease-wise)?
    Just curious:D

Any way! get better soon:)

Also...if I understand correctly, we get our update a bit later, but we also get extra options that were previously unknown to us....so we're actually waiting a bit longer for more options:D

5. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

So fun stuff:

Less than 12 hours after we talked about you feeling crappy, I came down with a fucking wicked sore throat/headache thing that has just been messing up my Christmas for like a day now. Did you e-mail me your disease dude?

Also, if I could just pop out a friendly reminder that a wait of a few more days or weeks is entirely worth it for an update that will continually rock your socks, that would be rad. :3

6. Anon1548

Anon1548 Guest

You should eat some hot chicken soup. That's healthy and it helps a lot. About the delay: how dare you??? :p
    No, it's ok. It's worth to wait a few more days. Doesn't matter how long it takes you, the only important thing is that you work on the game and that you always give your best to deliver the best possible experience. :)

7. Jay

I think I have the flu or something. I've been dizzy, nauseous, had a headache, and had barely any desire to eat anything. I'm very knowledgeable about health though and once I accepted the fact that I was sick, I started taking care of my body and now I'm doing much better. I think this was a message of my body telling me to pay more attention to my health. I've been neglecting it majorly.
    Oh shit. I accidentally emailed you a virus. Sorry.

And I started working on the game again today and well... it's awesome. I'm really psyched about the unlockable cheats! It's going to feel good when you get a message on the screen that says "You unlocked the blah blah cheat!"

8. Dungbeetle

Dungbeetle Level 1: Goomba

@ Exploding Rabbit:
    Don't forget that stress has a major influence on your well being. As much as I'd like this game to get improved, you getting your rest is far more important. Good thing to pull the brakes when you feel like there's too much stress!
    Get well soon:) (Lots of chicken soup;))

9. pinkpuff

pinkpuff Level 3: Paratroopa

I've always been of the opinion that release dates should be seen as guesses or estimates of how long the project is likely to take, and not as deadlines which there will be some form of consequence for missing.

In other words, I think it's a useful and positive thing to have an estimated release date, even if it's something vague like "4th quarter 2010" or "around the holiday season". It generates excitement and interest as the estimated time approaches, and also helps motivate the developer(s). That being said, however, I think it is neither useful nor positive to be held strictly to that estimate. Just because a month ago you guessed that you'd probably be done some time around now is hardly justification for anyone to get upset when things come up and the time estimate needs to be revised. People get sick, other obstacles and setbacks occur, and there's no way to predict those things; there are so many more important things in life than finishing a project by a particular date.

10. Jdoggcrash

Jdoggcrash Level 0: Newbie

I was so disappointed when i read the title but when i saw that he was adding more to the update all was forgiven

Nice graphic

[​IMG]

11. bowsersenemy

bowsersenemy Level 3: Paratroopa

to those of you that mad at jay for the delay: did you not notice that he mentions he's been sick lately? i mean, forgiving him for the delay because he's adding new modes? how about some sympathy, huh? you know what it's like to be sick. you don't feel like doing much of anything. you should be thankful that he's adding the new modes, not forgiving. he doesn't have to do this you know. he's doing it because he wants to. not because he has some obligation to us.

sorry you've been sick jay. you deserve better responses than those guys gave.

12. as I stated before. those are his thumbs he's not flipping people off.

13. Jay

Awesome! Toad is giving me the thumbs up! I guess he's okay with the game being delayed.

14. QWERTY

QWERTY Level 2: Koopa

O RLY?

Then why are his "thumbs" in the middle, and not on the side?

15. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Thank You Mario!
    But the new version is on another date.

Sorry... just had to do it... just found it funny...

Because his hands are only 3 square wide? If you put it to the end that would look silly and not really thumbs up look alike. Blame the bits not poor Toad, he is so misunderstood... He gives people thumbs up always and others get mad at him coz they think he is giving them the finger. Poor Toad...

16. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

But why even put the thumbs there if it has no purpose, HMMMMM? it was miyamoto's plan to get in the guiness book of world records, as the person who gave the bird to as many people as possible, so he decided to make a game, and have one character flip people off, but Super Mario Bros was loved all over the world, so miyamoto acted like he meant for the game to be good, and thats when miyamoto figured out his talent of video games, He can make some without even trying!! perfect example SMB. btw He also tried to get a record of the most seen boner, so he gave peach a boner

17. Boomersooner234

Boomersooner234 Level 2: Koopa

18. Inferno232

Inferno232 Level 2: Koopa

I can't be angry, because my own stomach was trying to kill me over Thanksgiving break. Besides, you're adding more than I expected, by the sound of it. I just expected a kick-ass new character and some tweaks for the others. But you're adding in cheats and a kick-ass new game mode to boot.

19. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Wow, man...being sick does suck. I haven't known for a really long time, though, last time I was sick was several years ago. In fact, I'm beginning to think I'm invincible in some aspects.

Wait. New game mode? Way it was meant to be played? Now what're you going to put in 2.0? ...Ah, well, guess I'll find out when I get there.

20. his fingers are on the side. his hands are video open. pixel limitations make it so his hands are more like mittens instead of like actual hands. people only see it as flipping off because they use their imagination to imagine him flipping you off. people of my time can very clearly understand he was standing with his hands wide open and wanting to hug. but it's the younger people who often see him as flipping you off. my guess is... people have just changed. over the years to more negative thoughts.