Request Some suggestions for game tweaks

Discussion in 'Features' started by A.D.A.M., Sep 25, 2014.

1. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

Ok, there are some things about this game I do not get why they work the way they do. I am not at all a master SMBC player, but I just thought I'd give some suggestions for changes to the game.

Amored enemies: The enemies that are amored don't make sense to me. Bullet Bill and Buzzy Beetle. These enemies are immune to fireballs, but they can be easily defeated with a jump. But if you're playing as anyone other than Mario, these characters are invincible unless you have some armor penetrating attacks. But, I believe that these enemies shouldn't be armored, because Mario can defeat them easily. Instead, they should be vulnerable to normal attacks. The enemies that should be armored are Cheep-cheeps and squids but only when they are under water, and Spinies, and Bowser. These enemies can't be jumped on by Mario, but they can be defeated with fireballs. So the pattern of them being immune to normal attacks, and only a powerful attack will defeat them makes more sense, IMO.

Also, perhaps Lakitu could be armored, since he was VERY difficult to kill in the original Super Mario Bros, because he was in the air, while in SMBC, a character who can fire upwards can defeat him easily. Alternatively, make his lower half armored, so the character has to be beside him or higher than him to hit him.

Shells: Shells shouldn't be destroyed except for armor piercing attacks. Let's say I'm playing as Mega Man, when I defeat a koopa troopa or Buzzy Beetle, it should go into its shell. The next shot I fire at it should launch the shell in the opposite direction. This matches the original Super Mario Bros gameplay much better. And, once again, armor piercing weapons will play like fireballs, destroying shells instead of launching them.

Mystery blocks: Weapons shouldn't activate mystery blocks. Having weapons activate mystery blocks makes the invisible/disguised blocks too easy to find/activate. Have regular/disguised mystery blocks activate only by jumping under them or by hitting them with a close-range attack. Invisible mystery blocks should only activate by jumping under them. This would still make disguised mystery blocks easy to find, since they'll be the only block that doesn't get destroyed. But this would make invisible mystery blocks exactly like in the original game.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

... All of which are completely asinine in logical thinking.

Armored enemies are armored because they are immune to Mario's only "weapon".
    Shells are taken out by shots because they're taken out by fireballs. This doesn't apply to Buzzy shells for obvious reasons.
    And ? Blocks are activated by weapons because bricks are broken by weapons.

3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

i think it specifically said to not bundle requests into one thread
    or was that the bugs?
    or both?

4. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, I thought maybe it would be better fit in the feedback forum...