Request Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by pokemondream, Feb 7, 2011.

1. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

-Sonic the Hedgehog for SMBC-​

This is a thread to discuss the possibility of inclusion, and the playability of Sonic in the game.

Moves, physics, sprites, all goes here.

jacobB and Rbade like this.
  2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

jcsix likes this.
  3. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Darn it, I've written all about how I thought he would work before...I'll make this quick.

No Power-Up: Nothing but run'n'jump platforming skills. Standard sprites, whatever those may be.
    Mushroom: Sonic regains his spin-dash something he couldn't do until Sonic 2. Sonic becomes a bit brighter blue.
    Fire Flower: Sonic can use his "Flash Shield," or "Insta-Shield," if you prefer, as an extension of attack, and as a split second of invincibility. Sonic turns a dull yellow.

Also, we could have them flash similarly to Hyper Sonic when he picks up a star, since everyone flashes different colors.

EDIT: For his intro, he could curl up into his spin-dash and then roll offscreen.

jacobB likes this.
  4. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

This is the best way to get things out of the way.

Music?

Overworld would definitely be Green Hill Zone, but where would Emerald Hill Zone go?

Character Select?

Entering pipe?

There isn't much "5 second jingles" in the 8/16-bit Sonic universe.

5. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Selected could be the last four notes of the opening sequence in Sonic 1/2. You know...

About 0:12 onward

Also, Entering Pipe could be the stage select (only seen in the "cheat menu") or save file select from Sonic 3/Knuckles.

BUMP

I notice a lot of people continually dumping ideas into the Character Request topic. We already have this topic; might as well use it.

6. Captain Knight

We need

Sprites

Moves

and

Music

7. pokemondream

go on the charater request and look what i said about moves

8. Captain Knight

Just post them here.

After all, that's what this thread was made for.

And you DID start this thread, so it's your job to keep this alive and moving.

9. pokemondream

i still think is better than kirby or a battle toad because i think sonic because sonic would work better because the reason that sonic was created was to compete with mario so naturally sonic would be a bit like mario

but sonic does have some things not going for him like he is 16-bit,(in my opion)his power ups are limited(also fire sonic whould make more sense for fireflower power up)his game was about speed(but probaly doesn't that much)music is hard to decide(but of course green hill for overland)

i think for power ups normal=just jumps, mushroom=lighterblue spin dash (would knock out enemies exepct spines and spike tops and also bowser)goes a little bit faster(like running could also work without the mushroom) if you hold x when you walk fireflower=red sonic goes a little bit faster(maybe) can double jump like simon star= yellow sonic invincble can glide for half of the stars duration(can break bricks when flying) ​

10. pokemondream

there it is

11. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Indeed, this is hardly a problem. 'Sides, if it winds up being ridiculously hard to control, we could take the Sonic 4 physics--*Shot*

I actually have written an epic post about this before (featuring TWO different ideas for each location, except for a few, which I stupidly forgot) , in some topic, but for the life of me I can't find it. I am sure it was not deleted. I will award 8 internets and 1 thank to the first person who can find and repost it.

I think Bowser could work like Sonic 2's Metal Sonic--you can hit a certain area on his head, just don't touch his spikes.

I don't like the idea of Sonic going faster, he's plenty fast already.

Instead of a double jump--something Sonic NEVER had--I think the Flash Shield from Sonic 3 could be implemented. Just going off of the little 2D canon we have.

Also, as already mentioned, everyone flashes when equipped with a Starman. Sonic could flash like Hyper Sonic. (INBEFORESEIZURETIME)

And, another idea that came to me. Sonic's "Level Complete" jingle is Sonic 3 and Knuckles' Act Complete, and "World Complete" is 1 and 2's Act Complete.

12. pokemondream

for star man i like my idea better but is it to up jay also the shield could work along with the double jump

13. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I've been spinning my gears and this is how I think that Sonic should be playable in SMBC:

Gameplay mechanics

- He uses his Pocket Adventure sprites, I think they look much better than the Master System's sprites.

- As much people say, there's not enough room for Sonic to build up a lot of speed in the game's levels. So I think that his top speed could be x1,5 faster than Mario's walking speed, fast but not enough to beat the levels in a flash.

- For his music, I suggest the OST from the Master System games. For example, the Level intro theme from Sonic Triple Trouble could sound when Sonic is chosen as he Spindashes out of the screen.

- Sonic couldn't suffer knockback when hit (Just look at Simon: In Castlevania, he had knockback; in SMBC, he doesn't, he just reverts to the previous form).

Powerups

- Powerless: Normal colours. He just runs and jumps.
    - Mushroom: Modern (GBA) colours. Can use Spindash.
    - Fire Flower: Fire Sonic colours. Can boost in midair covered in fire.
    - Starman: Invinciblity stars like when he gets an Invincibility box.

14. wheelchairchiefthe2ned

wheelchairchiefthe2ned Level 1: Goomba

good idea, at first i want his power-ups to be supersonic mushroom, fireflower hypersonic, but i forgot about the power star but your idea's better i got a good idea for music: overworld green hill zone, (special zone with pipes could be the level select music from sonic 3 & knuckles), underground music could be (hidden palace zone sonic 3 & knuckles) music and for the (castle music chemical zone from sonic 2.)

15. pokemondream

nice music choice but supersonic right off the bat no no no did you see what i put for the move i like but it could use some improving but super sonic would be cool for star

16. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Don't make uselss triple posts. (The first post was not useless.)

17. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Shouldn't the music be 8 bit? I greatly love the Sonic 2 boss theme and wish it could be in there when you fight Bowser, but I don't think there's an 8 bit version. I've worked in depth a lot with Sonic music and would volunteer to create an 8 bit version of it as well as some other songs.

18. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

19. pokemondream

thanks the music sounds good

20. pokemondream

sonic will have the master system sprites unless anybody has better