Request SonSon & TonTon

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mambo, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mambo

Mambo Level 2: Koopa

I don't think these characters had been suggested yet. 1st and 2nd player characters respectively, from the NES game SonSon by CAPCOM. I think SMBC could use a "Son Goku-based" character as an additional archetype.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Not sure what this means.

Regardless, I don't see how SonSon would work. Her game is fun, don't get me wrong, and she's a great character in Marvel vs. Capcom, but she doesn't have any really unique abilities or powerups, does she? It's been a while since I played >_>

It would be cool to have a character that always runs forward though.

3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Pac-Man, anyone?

Faruga, MissingNo2 and uglyrodent like this.
  4. Mambo

It simply means, a character based off the antihero protagonist of the Chinese novel "Journey to [the] West"; which, I think, was in turn based on the Hindu monkey god "Hanuman".

IIRC, the character in MvsC is not SonSon, but his descendant. I think he would still be a novel addition to the roster even without flashy abilities. It's not like there's an abundance of pickups in the game to begin with...and it's not like you really need it.

Holding "down" at the lowest tier makes SonSon stop running.

5. uglyrodent

Oh, I see.

Actually, SonSon is based on a Chinese mythological figure known as Sun Wukong, or "The Monkey King".

I know, but...it's still basically the same character. Just like how in Donkey Kong Country, the Donkey Kong you play is the son of the original Donkey Kong. But he's still Donkey Kong.

But technically yeah, they're separate.
    Then you haven't been looking hard enough :p

I mostly agree, but there actually are a lot of powerups laying around and it would be a shame if there were a character who didn't make much use of them (point in case: Mario barely needs any of them if you know what you're doing).
    I didn't know that, but that's pretty awesome.

6. Mambo

"Son Goku" is the Japanese transliteration of "Sun Wukong". Now that you've mentioned it...I think some people do worship him IRL.

According to the Marvel vs. Capcom Wiki, she's called "SonSon III", and is the granddaughter of SonSon.

I usually just skip Worlds 2 and 3...and levels 4-3 and 4-4. Would that happen to have anything to do with it?

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. uglyrodent

You're right...but that still misses the point :V
    Might be.

8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Mas cervezas?

uglyrodent likes this.
  9. uglyrodent

I think my o key is going out >_>

I have to press it a bit harder than the others and if I don't think about it I miss it a lot.

Faruga likes this.