Official Sophia III: Your frog is in another castle!

SOPHIA III, from Blaster Master, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I believe you should have Sophia as there's no way to backtrack to a previous level. Unless an overworld map was added.

2. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Except cheating. And there were backwards warp pipes in The Lost Levels.

3. kamus94

kamus94 Level 1: Goomba

4. Scorpion42

5. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

You wasn't the only to request it, and I think you wasn't the first.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

If you really were the one you made Jay want to add Sophia, it would have taken longer for the 1.2 to be released.

7. Firas Hussein Diab

Firas Hussein Diab Level 1: Goomba

I think Sopia's powerups dont make a big difference

8. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Each one has her do more damage. It's more or less standard for that to happen. But with most characters, they go up in strength once (Ryu->Fire Ryu, Mega Man -> Fire Mega Man) so they get one big boost. But with SOPHIA and Link, they get two smaller powerups.

9. Mitewing

In the top down sections, Jason has grenades and I think his gun has various powerups that affect the range and damage it gives. These abilities should be able to be easily implemented to side scrolling Jason. This would make adding him more useful.

10. Magegg

Magegg Level 1: Goomba

I think Sophia is too powerful compared to the other characters. One weakness I can think of is that she wasn't able to use the missiles when she's in "tiny state" (that would mean, she has to have at least the mushroom or the flower in order to have access to the missile attacks).

11. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

Something I just thought of. Why not add a "Classic SOPHIA" option?

What Classic SOPHIA would do is make it so you can't just jump onto the ceiling and latch onto it. You would actually have to go up a wall and then onto the ceiling. Also, you wouldn't use up and down; you would automatically climb the walls, like in the original game.

Another thing I thought of was this. In the original Blaster Master, Down+B was special attack. Either you can implement the Thunder Strike and have SOPHIA use it when you press Down+B, or you could use the special button to switch between the three different powerups (Homing Missles, Thunder Strike, and 3-Way Missles)

Or, if a way to eject Jason was going to be implemented, Down+B would make Jason pop out and then go back in. I know it sounds weird, but how often are you going to eject him out versus using Homing Missles? :)

12. Mitewing

I think if Jason and other weapons are added, his controls should be just like from the original game.

13. Scorpion42

You can see into my mind?!

I think someone (maybe me) has suggested it before. But I support it anyway.

14. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I never played Blaster Master, but this sounds like a reasonable option to me. Add it to the wiki!

15. Mitewing

Has anyone suggested using abilities from the GBC game? This would mainly apply if Jason is added to the game.

16. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

I haven't gotten much into Enemy Below. I think I'm in Area 3 right now.

Mitewing likes this.
  17. Mitewing

I've been reading the GameFAQs document. Apparently both Jason and SOPHIA have a few new abilities not in the NES game.

18. TheomanZero

Is that the one with the Shotgun? I agree that if Jason is added, that would be nice. But that's a big "if".

19. Mitewing

Yes. It's the one with the shotgun

20. TheomanZero

Sophia's 16-bit sprites in the trailer look awesome. Where are they from? (I'm pretty sure the ones from Blaster Master 2 are too big.)