Official Sophia III: Your frog is in another castle!

SOPHIA III, from Blaster Master, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Looks like they're custom sprites based on the original 8bit ones.

2. n00bly man

n00bly man Level 0: Newbie

First:
    Why can't I play SMBC 1.0?
    Second:
    Ok. It doesn't really matter if I can play SMBC 1.0, the thing is that my favorite character was
    :jason::sophia:, because it can attach to walls but, in ver. 2.0 Sophia can't attach to walls :cry:
    But at least Link is :awesome: :dtmf:
    :goomba:

3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Press on until you get the upgrades.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

5. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

why no 16-bit castle music?

6. ZuTheSkunk

ZuTheSkunk Level 0: Newbie

In 1.2.03, Sophia was AWESOME. She could fly, walk on walls, and stomp on enemies.

In 2.0, SHE'S F***IN F***ED UP. 'Nuff said.

So thank ya kindly, I'm gonna stay with 1.2.03.

7. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Get the upgrades you noob.

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Hit the question blocks. Power up.

uglyrodent likes this.
  9. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

My fav moment in 2.0 so far was wanting to go over a line of Spike Tops. "Sweet, I'll just hover over..." I casually pressed the jump button twice, holding it down all the way from the top of the jump to when I crashed into the Spike Tops and died. It still took me a couple seconds to realize what had happened.

10. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

lol. Mine was my very first run through. Despite reading the fucking tutorial, whatr did I do? Tried to jump the first Goomba as Link.

I completely noobed out, I can't even explain it. It wasn't just a brain fart, it was a brain diarrhea dump.

I still ended up trying to pounce on three more enemies after that before I got out of the habit, finally. Although every once in a while I have a sudden instinct to try it, and then I stop myself just short of doing it.

Then I find playing as Luigi, I avoid all the enemies even though he CAN stomp them... lol. It's one extreme or the other, just no middle ground at all.

11. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

SERIOUSLY. I went through an entire playing session still wanting to stomp things, especially as Simon for some reason. That, and the no axes from the start threw me off.

Sophia's lack of upgrades in basic form still haunts me to this day. Most of my 2.0 deaths with Sophia have been some variation of that first one: walking off the end of a pipe expecting to cling to the side, forgetting I have no hover, etc.

12. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yeah... Sophia went from being nearly broken even without a Mushroom in v1.2, to being very light-weight until you get alot of upgrades. And they come randomly, so no way to predict when you will have them, or in what order.

Generally, I'm okay with it, with Sophia, as it matches to the Blaster Master game. A couple other characters though... Samus, Ryu, and Simon all stick out horribly for lacking power without their upgrades (see: No range advantage or size advantage, especially for dealing with hammer-throwing Bowser). But, this thread isn't about them... It's about Sophia.

I haven't had a chance to test the lightning out (in this game, I did when I played through Blaster Master, and it was very useful), but the other two special weapons are decent. Only thing I would ask for is a slightly lesser spread on the triple missiles.

13. The Master of Blasters.

The Master of Blasters. Level 2: Koopa

I agree, sophia did get dumbed down A LOT scence 1.2, but I'm very adaptable so I don't care much. Note: It is still my favorite character.

14. TheomanZero

"Dumbed down"? I'd say it's the opposite: now it takes more skill to play as Sophia.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I believe he meant more in terms of power, as my previous statement made light of.

In 1.2, Sophia was nearly always at full power, only thing that you lacked was the power of the basic cannon. In 2.0, Sophia plays completely differently, due to so many of the tank's abilities being made power-ups. It's not to the point of being unplayable, but it is a big change to initially adapt to.

16. The Master of Blasters.

The Master of Blasters. Level 2: Koopa

Exactaly my point thank you, ZeroEdgir for elaborating on my point. Another point I have been thinking about is that he/she was the (IMO) best character and maybe a little overpowered. (P.S also what do I know I am but a lowly koopa. (I Just wanted to say that.)

17. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

All Sophia needs is the lightning powerup and Jason. Then the character will be complete.

18. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

That seems nice, but i was planning something different for SOPHIA'S intro animation--for my plan, SOPHIA would hover off the screen, Jason would want to take control of his tank (SOPHIA), and suceeds in getting in.

19. TheomanZero

Please stop replying to posts over a year old.

20. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

And again, i don't really care for a bit! :...: