Confirmed SOPHIA Moving Platform and Flagpole Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by silentshadowxp, Mar 3, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Ok, this is my first bug report, so I made sure to take lots of pictures :p

I was messing around with sophia, trying to figure out which power-ups do what for a skin I'm working on. Well, I come to the flag pole and I'm sitting like this.
    Sophia bug 2a.png

I then proceed to jump toward the flagpole, but she started going down it at a different angle than usual.
    Sophia bug 2b.png

And once she reached the bottom, she just sat there like this until the level changed.
    Sophia bug 2c.png

Now, while I was trying to take pictures for this, I found a second bug dealing with the same platform. I was sitting under it like this.
    Sophia bug 1a.png

And if I didn't touch any buttons, I would just stay there.
    Sophia bug 1b.png

2. Narematto

Narematto Level 3: Paratroopa

Your big is funny, it must be malfunctioning (can be). Because the bugs are infinite,
    nothing can do this are mutants which grow continuously,:mad:.:mad:etc...

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Interesting. Hopefully it won't bug any gameplay. I'll check out if I can reproduce it.

4. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I don't think it would really affect much negatively, they're really minor things that have little to no affect on actual gameplay. I just figured I'd bring it to Jay's attention.

5. Rey D

Patron

→ I know. :D Oh and the bug is already confirmed, so I guess I don't NEED to reproduce it anymore. Will do for fun, though.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, sometimes harmless bugs are indicative of more serious problems, so you should still always report them.

smbc nut, Rey D and silentshadowxp like this.
  7. smbc nut

smbc nut Level 2: Koopa

it doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever. its just a glitch. but still yeah i agree with theomanzero, always report.

8. Rey D

Patron

Look at the screenshots again. It does affect gameplay.

9. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Doesn't mean it's game-breaking. You can still complete the level (albeit in a hilarious way).

10. Rey D

Patron

Yeah but you're denying a point I wasn't making.
    My point was that it does change gameplay and that's all.

11. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Oh. What I meant to say was "At least it's not game-breaking". Sorry, I'm half-asleep right now.

12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I've experience the moving platform bug as well. As far as I can tell, Sophia doesn't move with the platform when on the underside, but if the platform moves far enough away, Sophia will hang in midair for a minute, then fall.