Official Sophia Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Nat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I call it Flu, but most sources call it Weird.
    Which irritates me.

Nat likes this.
  2. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Flu is a better name for a virus than weird.
    I've never heard of a virus called weird, but I have heard of flu.
    Flu makes much more sense.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

It's called weird in a Nintendo comic based on Dr. Mario, so that's probably where it came from.
    I'm still sticking my grounds on flu, though.

Nat likes this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Oh, I thought of something like "Diarrhea".
    Thanks for the info. But yeah, "Weird" is a pretty bad name for a virus. I mean...

"COUGH COUGH COUGH!
    -Oh wow you seem pretty sick there. Did you check the doctor ?
    -Yeah... Apparently I got Weird.
    -I know you are weird, but how is that relevant to your disease?"

5. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

LET'S DO IT!
    KirbyUFO.PNG

6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Develon likes this.
  7. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

Who want to play Mario Kart?
    Mario Kart.PNG
    Mario from Super Mario Kart.Enjoy and comment!

CowboyJoseph64, Alkerion, Nat and 3 others like this.
  8. Nat

Screw peach, lets get beer!

luigiman64, Dimpsy, coolman and 2 others like this.
  9. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

Although i love the idea, it would be weird for mario in his kart to jump out of mario in his kart.

10. Nat

Ever played nintendogs? You can get an rc mario kart.

Alkerion, Faruga and coolman like this.
  11. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Maybe if we do have Kirby over everyone, we could add them all to the game and then my kirby map/theme/enemy skins could make it in as well!

And actually, I'm loving this movement! Having a Kirby skin over each character would completely make up for the fact that he isn't in the game. It would be like he copied those characters powers. It's perfect and it makes sense!

Faruga, Alkerion, uglyrodent and 2 others like this.
  12. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

We have already the mario one by Uglyrodent,the megaman one by i don't remember,but I think its mario-fan,the Link one by me and this Sophia one by Clippit.Need a luigi one(could be an air full with the mushroom),a Samus one,a Simon one(could the very recent whip one from Return to dreamland),a Bass one,a Bill one and a Ryu(could be his Ninja Form,since he has a sword,kunaï and wall climbing)

Sorry for DP,but since uglyrodent have throwed away his skin from the skin page,I needed to find the file,and here it his.need uptdate.
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/File:Kirby_and_Rick.png

13. silentshadowxp

The Megaman one was a bunch of us. sbq92, Mario-Fan, ReyD, and myself.

Really the only thing that needs changed from Megaman's is shooting in different directions, and Treble (which I have a really good idea for), so I'll probably work on it sometime soon.

14. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, if anybody ever needs/wants to look at my skins, I still have all of them. So if you want one for whatever reason, just PM me.

15. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Be interesting if there were Sophia III skins of every SMBC character piloted by a tiny version of every character if skins don't exist for them already.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I always wanted to Mario, Luigi, and Link pilot Sophia since they're the same size as Jason.

17. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well I thought like each character have they're own version of Sophia like Mega Man maybe Powered up style skin in a Rush tank or a chibi style Samus in her spaceship...

Link riding Epona shooting arrows anyone? :awesome:

Alkerion likes this.
  18. silentshadowxp

So I'm working on some Yoshi's Island skins, and I remembered that he had a mole tank transformation! It would make a neat little addition to the Sophia skins. However, I can't find all of the sprites for it (like the diagonal facing sprites). I don't feel like going through the process of ripping sprites for it, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else wanted to give it a try.

19. uglyrodent

Oh shit the mole tank...

I can't make any promises but I'll see if I can get something together for you.

EDIT: Working on this now; on the second world.

Alkerion, silentshadowxp and Nat like this.
  20. uglyrodent

I got your sprites ripped...mostly.
    moletank.png
    The purple/pink ones are the ones I ripped; I went ahead and applied the green palette to it because green is the most famous yoshi (as if I need to tell you guys); but to be clear, I'm not sure what colors actually end up being able to use the mole transformation.

I'll put any other palette on this if anyone wants; it isn't hard.

You may be wondering where the diagonal sprites are? Well, there aren't any.

It turns out there is no sprite for turning diagonally, the SNES just makes it rotate. What I'm saying is you can just rotate it 45 degrees in your image editor and it would be more or less authentic.

I could rip one of the frames as it appears on the SNES, if you guys want it to be super acccurate (and I really couldn't blame you) but I thought I'd bring up that it's just a lazy sprite rotation and see if I could save myself some work :p