Official Sophia Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Nat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. hunter2258

hunter2258 Level 2: Koopa

This is looking really good! If you need some help (Power-ups, Frames, etc.) I would GLADLY help!

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Feel free to help if you like
    Monty Skin.png

3. silentshadowxp

Can someone tell me what the sprites are next to the swimming sprites (the ones I left blank)? They look like either crawling sprites, or more swimming sprites, and I can't quite tell which. I'd play Blaster Master to find out, but it's sadly not on nintendo8, and I don't want to have to download a ROM to play it.

On another note, all that's left are the sprites I just mentioned, and everything below the cannonballs/wrenches. I made new tank sprites, and I edited all explosions to have the same 3 colors as the flames from the airship level (which as you can see are the jets on the bottom of his tank).

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

If you don't readjust the height of your tank sprite, as it has no wheel sprites, it will just float.

5. silentshadowxp

Good point, thanks for that.

6. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

Those two sprites are used for ducking/crawling.

If it's not on nintendo8, you can also check http://virtualnes.com , they have a large selection of NES games.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  7. silentshadowxp

Thank you for that. Here's an updated skin. I'm still unsure about what three of the power-ups are supposed to do though.

Monty Skin.png

ChozoBoy and TheomanZero like this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, they haven't all been implemented yet. For the moment, you can post an incomplete version and add the other sprites once you can see how they work.
    Looks good, by the way.

9. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

I know it's a bit silly, but I'd love to see a Spyro skin, because Spyro is my childhood.

10. Lilfut

Another idea! A Landmaster, with Fox McCloud over Jason!

11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ That's a freaking great idea! :D I can't work on it right now, but I really would like to!

12. silentshadowxp

I thought of this as well, but didn't really feel like making it. It would definitely be cool though. I also had an idea of replacing Mega Man's Rush Marine with Fox's Blue Marine for whenever the game incorporates it.

But the more awesome idea I had was replacing the Rush Marine with the Arwing, and then turning underwater cheat on so that you're always in it :p

Alkerion and sbq92 like this.
  13. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

How can that be? We're talking about a dragon replacing a tank!

14. Lilfut

I might try it once I get better at custom spriting.

15. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Not just the Rush Marine, but all of Mega Man. Fox would probably make a great Mega Man skin. :D

It could be doable. I don't know all the details of SOPHIA's sprites and how they work, but land-based tanks (i.e., no wheels) have already been done, why not at least attempt a land-based animal?

ThomasMink and silentshadowxp like this.
  16. silentshadowxp

Only thing I could see wrong with Spyro is the fact that it's going to be one static sprite, because the only thing on Sophia that really animates (for the most part) are the wheels. Only other animation is the bobbing up and down. It's definitely doable, but you're going to have to make one sprite that's good enough for everything other than aiming.

sbq92 likes this.
  17. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, this was my only real reservation about it. I'd have to take another look at the sheet, but IIRC, there aren't different sprites for the bobbing up and down. If there were, it could easily be done, as two frames of animation would be sufficient for creating the illusion of walking.

18. Lilfut

You make the wheels legs, and have them step instead of rotate. Easy. A bigger issue will be having him glide instead of hover, IMO.

19. silentshadowxp

No, there's only one sprite for bobbing. I know that sheet pretty well after my Monty Mole skin.

It's the wheels that move, and they're a separate sprite from the tank.

sbq92 likes this.
  20. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well Spyro basically controlled like a tank while charging, so it's not that much of a stretch.