Official Sophia Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Nat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

The problem isn't so much while Spyro's moving, because it will look like he's gliding along. The problem I see is when he's standing still using the same sprite that he uses to glide forward. It can be done, but you have to make sure the sprite could fit for both instances.

2. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Wings sort of half-out, maybe? Like, if standing is this:
    /S\
    and flying is this, but upside-down because there's no overscore key ( :p ):
    _S_
    Then maybe something like (upside down again):
    \_S_/

3. silentshadowxp

You can't do that with the skin sheet though.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the only times the tank changes is when it's aiming, climbing a corner, turning around, or opening to let Jason out. Otherwise, it's always the top middle tank. The wheels are where most of the animation comes from. without them, you have to come up with ways to use that one sprite to represent just about everything else.

This brings up another issue though, what are you going to replace Jason with?

4. Lilfut

Jason would be Sparx, obviously.

What I meant was, have the wings always be kind of like this:

\_S_/ (upside down)

That way, it looks okay both flying and standing.

EDIT: I came up with an awesome joke skin: Leon from Resident Evil!

5. silentshadowxp

I just meant that you can't change the flying or the standing still like you stated here. walking, flying, and standing still would all use the same sprite. Though the last one would probably be the best of them overall.

6. Lilfut

That's what I meant, though I realize that wasn't clear from my phrasing.

7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I know sometimes I post some nonsensical skins. A Boy and His Blob over Samus was previously the weirdest.

WELL THAT AIN'T SHIT COMPARED TO WHAT I'VE COOKED UP THIS TIME.
    I still have a few custom sprites to do (they're currently unused except for the portrait or I would have tackled them before posting this), but it's pretty much done.
    SOPHIA Climbers.png
    MOTHERFUCKING ICE CLIMBERS RIDING A MOTHERFUCKING PTERODACTYL.
    Or Condor.
    WHAT THE FUCK EVER. I AM HOPPED UP ON WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR. GONNA POST THE REST OF THIS WITH CAPS LOCK ON.
    -SOPHIA'S BODY IS NOW THE ICE CLIMBERS, POPO AND NANA. IN THEIR ORIGINAL GAME THEY DIDN'T TEAM UP LIKE IN SMASH BROS BUT I NEEDED TO MATCH SOPHIA'S WIDTH AND I THINK THE DUAL CHARACTER THING IS INTERESTING.
    -THE WHEELS ARE NOW THE BIRD THINGY. I THINK IT'S A CONDOR. THEY TAMED IT AND RIDE ON ITS BACK. THERE MIGHT BE A PROBLEM IF SOPHIA'S WHEELS ARE RENDERED BEHIND THE BODY RATHER THAN IN FRONT BUT I HOPE THAT ISN'T THE CASE
    -JASON IS NOW POPO ON HIS OWN, WHILE NANA WAITS BEHIND
    -MOTHERFUCKING ICE CLIMBERS MOTHERFUCKER FUCK YEAH
    -LEFT SOME ELEMENTS THE SAME BUT CHANGED THEM BLUE BECAUSE ICE
    -BASIC BULLETS ARE NOW SNOWBALLS OR SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE SNOWBALLS THAT I FOUND IN THE ICE CLIMBERS SPRITES. I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S A SNOWBALL.
    -UPGRADED BULLETS ARE ICICLES
    -MISSILES ARE THE SMALLER ICICLES THAT THE LITTLE WHITE FURRY FUCKERS PUSH AROUND
    -SWAPPED OUT THE UPGRADES WITH THE VARIOUS VEGGIES FROM ICE CLIMBERS, AND NOW THEY'RE LABELLED SO YOU CAN TELL WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE FOR ONCE.
    --ONION: D FOR DIVE (I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN DIVE AND HYPER BEAM MIXED UP, BUT THEY'RE CURRENTLY UNUSED)
    --EGGPLANT: C FOR CRUSHER
    --PUMPKIN: H FOR HOVER
    --CELERY: B FOR BEAM (HYPER BEAM)
    --CARROT: WC FOR WALL CLING (WALL1)
    --CUCUMBER: CC FOR CIELING CLIMB (WALL2)
    EQUALS SIGNS ARE MORE INTENSE THAN DASHES
    ==MUSHROOM: HM FOR HIDDEN MACHINE HOMING MISSILES
    ==MUSHROOM: Mx3 FOR THREE TIMES MISSILES (DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S REALLY CALLED)
    ==CORN: T FOR THUNDER
    ==LETTUCE: H+ FOR HOVER PICKUP
    ==POTATO: P+ FOR POWER PICKUP
    =CHANGED "HOV" TO "FLY"
    =CHANGED "POW" TO..."POW", BUT I REDID IT TO MATCH THE STYLE OF THE OTHER LETTERS
    =RECOLORED HOVER METER.
    =LEFT HUD POWERUP ICONS ALONE, BUT CHANGED THE COLORS

8. Lilfut

You made my goddamn day.

Korby and uglyrodent like this.
  9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Holy dang dude. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that turned out not to work at all, but if it does, you have seriously raised the bar for skinning.

ChozoBoy and uglyrodent like this.
  10. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Pretty much my exact feelings. It would look odd if:
    -You are transitioning from ground to wall (the bird would be bisected probably)
    EDIT: I THINK I know how to fix this. There is a diagonal SOPHIA sprite for the transition; if I put in the "missing" Condor piece on that body sprite, then there shouldn't be any problem.
    -The body is rendered over the wheels (the Climbers will appear in front of the wings)
    -You shoot; there's really no impetus. The Ice Climbers have been shown with ice powers, but I can't exactly animate the shooting, yknow? I guess it could come from a bit lower, the bird's mouth area, but still no animation.
    ALSO EDIT: Yeah, it would have to come from POPO because if you aim up the shoot box moves to the center so the Condor mouth is infeasible. I might make it so he's holding his hammer outward...

11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

My idea for skins won't matter until Jason is playable. I'd like to see him replaced with various other characters like Mario, Luigi. Link and any smaller character while Sophia herself remains the same.

ThomasMink and uglyrodent like this.
  12. The Master of Blasters.

The Master of Blasters. Level 2: Koopa

Mayhaps do what uglyrodent did with ice climbers for use with spyro? (I will elaborate more if anyone wants me to.)

13. Lilfut

I think I get what you're saying, but having the wheels be legs would be better.

14. The Master of Blasters.

The Master of Blasters. Level 2: Koopa

Justin Kase. What I mean is have the sprite in front of the wheels? I don't know the slightest about sprites, but I thought I would give my 2 cents.

How about sophia the 4th skin?

15. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

Sophia the 4th?
    it slips my mind, which game's that from, blasting again?

16. Lilfut

Nothing ever, I believe.

17. Mitewing

Blaster Master 2 for Genesis.

18. Lilfut

Okay, after doing some research, Sophia IV looks basically identical to Sophia III.

19. Mitewing

Sophia IV is blue and they have the same basic.shape, but I wouldn't call them identical.

20. Lilfut

I would. :/