Official Sophia Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Nat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Those four sprites to the right of Jason's death are actually, from left to right, Jason's bullet and then three frames of Jason's bullet exploding. So you may want to make the bullet one a Power Pellet (that's what the circles are called).

He looks very large, but I don't think that'll be a problem. You should probably make the bottom left and bottom right sprites for the body so the box is diagonal; if you want I can do that for you.

I was just entertaining the notion of a Pac-man ghost skin for someone last night, too, so this is a nice coincidence :p

2. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

Fixed the Jason bullet sprites. ;)

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. uglyrodent

I went ahead and did some editing anyway. I'm impartial whether or not you use it, but I was bored and tossed it together (although now that you fixed the bullets, if you do use them I guess you'll have to paste it back in >_>).

Transparent:
    Pac_Tanktrans.png
    UR Edit:
    Pac_Tanktrans_UR Edit.png
    -Shortened the tank to match SOPHIA's size closer
    -Made a couple of frames diagonal

Again, I don't care much if you use my version, I'm just offering it.

TheomanZero likes this.
  4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Looks cool. Now someone needs to make a Pac-Man skin for Mario. :)

5. uglyrodent

>Blue Ghost (like when you eat a pellet and they turn blue)
    >Get Mushroom and he becomes really tall
    >Fire flower turns him into the red ghost.

It was my dad's idea, truth be told, but it would complement this one nicely.

TheomanZero likes this.
  6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That's pretty cool. I especially like the way the tank disassembles in the death frames.

7. Mitewing

I have two brainstorms! First the more practical one...
    Tatanga from SML! His SML 2 sprites are most detailed, and would be cool along with the Wario skin that was submitted for Mario.

Second...I'd like to see SOPHIA and Jason recreated as large as possible. Their current sizes aren't really to scale to the other characters who are roughly the same scale.

8. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

First off: Tatanga's sprite is too big, at least for the Jason sprites. Second off: His small enough sprites are the SML ones, so we could use that.

9. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

You may say Excitebike would never get in but it could be a Sophia skin. Here's the sheet:

[​IMG]

10. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Seems solid to me.

11. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Been done.

uglyrodent and Rey D like this.
  12. uglyrodent

Virtualsonic is right, this post can be found just one page back:

13. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I apologize for not paying attention. It was a boring period of time for me and I needed to get something done.

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Tatanga is an interesting idea. I think someone should give it a try to see how he'd look. :) (I'd try it, but I have other things I'm working on.)

This is an interesting idea, but it's really quite impractical. "To scale" would be very large, and the intended nostalgia of playing as "the cool tank from Blaster Master" would be completely lost.

uglyrodent and TheomanZero like this.
  15. Lilfut

I think an alternate skin of them filling up the template boxes would be cool, though.

16. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Perhaps if adjustable hitboxes are implemented, but they currently aren't, so a large SOPHIA sprite wouldn't work properly, since the character would still interact with objects and enemies as though it were the small tank.

uglyrodent likes this.
  17. Lilfut

Well, given Protoman's lower firing, I figure adjustable hitboxes are just a matter of time.

18. uglyrodent

So just in case anyone's curious, I took a screenshot of SOPHIA in SMBC, blew her up to her "accurate" size and then pasted in a Mega Man sprite at 200% size (I believe the game displays it's sprites at double the actual size) for reference.
    SOPHIA is damn big.png
    Keep in mind these sizes aren't 100% accurate since all I have to go on is estimations, but I think it's pretty close.

I don't really have a point here. I just remember a brief discussion about her size and thought it was interesting.

Mitewing, TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  19. Mitewing

That's awesome. I wish there was a special Sophia mode with her at that size, just for fun. All, I'm saying is that Sophia is too small. If she was tall as a warp pipe then it would be better.

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. Lilfut

I think it should be a cheat, and also I think the hq2x filter should be applied to the sprite. Also the wheels should have collision hitboxes that kill everything that Mario and Luigi can stomp.

uglyrodent likes this.