Fixed Sophia: Wall phasing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by aliceandsven, Dec 14, 2011.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Several people have found this one in the Research thread

1: "Using the wall climbing ability, slide Sophia [vertically into a one-block gap], then press jump [fast enough] so that you hover and, as the hover makes you go horizontally, you end up in the ground. Good times." http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/bug-research-discussion.7/page-33#post-155338

2: "Bouncy Pits must be enabled. Use sophia to go down into a 1-block-sized pit (smallest one). Get to the bottom. Then sophia will be clamped and will float under the ground until it meets a pit of at least "2 blocks" in size. Interesting is that it moves to the opposite side, i.e. you press Right and it floats to left, you press Left and it floats to right. It's also possible to finish in that way (only in level 8-1, which has such pits near the finish). Once you cross the finish line while being underground, sophia will jump very high, and the flag on the pole will go down by itself. Funny" http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/bug-research-discussion.7/page-33#post-159980

Video Reproduction 1:

Video Reproduction 2:

Credit to Rey D and StepS for helping to document this.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Wait. Did I really do anything? ._.

3. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I knew about the first one but I never thought about using it with bouncy pits on. Pretty clever.

The collision detection code is so old. I'll need to go through it and fix stuff eventually.

Edit: It's kind of cool with this new system we can discuss bugs individually.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So it also happens in 2.0 and I recorded it. 3 times. Although the "regular" version of this bug is known, there are some cases when it turns upside down.

Normal: 24:42 to 25:01
    Upside-down: 26:28 to 26:53
    Normal: 26:53 to 26:58

I'm pretty sur I jumped to make Sophia extend, but I can't remember how I reverted position back to upside up.

5. aliceandsven

I think this may have been fixed, I did some limited testing in two areas and couldn't get it to work

Rey D likes this.
  6. aliceandsven

I spoke to Jay and he said he thinks they fixed this... not exactly confirmation :p , but I can't get it to work anymore so I'll just list it as fixed.

If anyone sees it happen again please post it here.

Rey D likes this.