Request Sora from Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Payday4515, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Payday4515

Payday4515 Level 1: Goomba

I would like to see Sora in SMBC. Give him the Keyblade, specials are Fire, Thundaga, Blizzard, and Aero. For Keyblades, the regular is without a mushroom, the Zero Gear, for Mushroom and as a special power-up Pandora Gear

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Short answer, no.
    That's all I'm saying and all I need to say.

TheomanZero and French rocks like this.
  3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I love Sora and that entire franchise, but I don't really think he's a good fit for SMBC...

That said, it might be fun to flesh out the idea regardless ^_^

Personally, I don't think he should have all spells for his specials. He should have things like Strike Raid, Zantetsuken, and other Keyblade-centric moves in addition to the spells.
    Um...there aren't keyblades called Zero Gear or Pandora Gear. Those are just the names of the panels. You could be referring to as many as 18 different weapons, since anyone in Days can equip those. In fact, I think one of those just gives you the Kingdom Key anyway doesn't it?

Regardless, Sora didn't feature too largely in Days at all, so it doesn't make sense to give him weapons from it. How about he starts off with the Kingdom Key, and then you can get Oblivion and Oathkeeper, and when you pick one up that's what you have until you pick up another one, like Simon's sub-weapons. Oblivion and Oathkeeper represent his memories of Riku and Kairi, so they're fairly iconic for him, they don't have ties to Disney at all, and represent a focus on magic (Oathkeeper), strength (Oblivion), and defense (Kingdom Key), which ties into the opening to Kingdom Hearts 1 (and to a lesser extent, KH 2).

I uh...I like Kingdom Hearts >_>

Payday4515 likes this.
  4. Payday4515

Payday4515 Level 1: Goomba

I like the idea of using the Kingdom Key, and doing the same similarities to Simon's ability pick-up

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
    SO MUCH NOPE!!

Make it a skin of someone.

6. uglyrodent

You guys do understand the point of these threads, yes? Discussing how a character would work, or reasons why they wouldn't? "No" is neither a reason nor a discussion. So why even post it?

7. MissingNo2

Okay then, I'd like to see you attempt such a thing.

8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Um, Kingdom Hearts debuted in the 6th gen or so (didn't bother to look it up :p) so there are like no sprites at all? Yeah, that's discussion?

9. MissingNo2

There's the GBA sprites, but it really isn't worth it in my book.

10. uglyrodent

Er...
    I think I did...?

There are 16-bit sprites from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, but they're fairly huge and would look awkward as hell...so yeah we'd need a huge amount of custom sprites.

Never said this was a reasonable request, just a fun one >_>

aliceandsven likes this.
  11. MissingNo2

Sometimes, I'm just too much of a moron... but I really can't see this working in any way, shape, or form.

uglyrodent likes this.
  12. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I just don't see it.

13. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"so yeah we'd need a huge amount of custom sprites."

pretty much sums it up.

let's not forget, sora has somepretty interesting power-ups that are great for 2d (Glide, Double Jump, Roll could give him a 1-tile high hitbox and faster move-speed like Mega Man's slide)

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. uglyrodent

Not necessarily related to Sora but this made me think of it.

None of the characters have any sort of guard/block power, do they?

15. aliceandsven

not really

Samus has firebar and podobo "blocking"

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. uglyrodent

True, but I wasn't entirely clear.

I meant more like Sora's or OoT and later versions of Link, where you have to hold a button and it either stops you or makes you move slower.

17. Fantasy_Zone

Fantasy_Zone Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Besides Bowser's fire, bullet bill and the hammer bros, there isn't much you need to block in SMBC. Although, a character created entirely to deflect the enemies could be an interesting, new experience in SMBC. That may not fit Sora. I haven't played Kindgom Hearts since the first one for PS2 (?).

18. aliceandsven

Nobody has an ability like that currently. The most likely candidates would be Proto Man or Link, honestly I think Link is the better candidate because there was more he could do with his shield that would fit into SMBC (push enemies away/get pushed, flip over spike tops; Link's Awakening and maybe other games)

If I recall, wasn't Sora able to deflect things back if he struck them with the keyblade at the right time?

uglyrodent likes this.
  19. uglyrodent

I think so, but the window for that effect was REALLY small and it's infinitely more convenient to just block.

20. aliceandsven

You had to do it to defeat Ice Giant though right?