Speaking at World's Fair Use Day

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

2. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Wow, congratulations! This game has definitely given you some fame.

And getting married the next day?! What are you, crazy?

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Fair use, mother fucker!

I'd like to go because it's not actually across the freaking country or world (unlike most things I want to go to), but I don't know how long it would take to get to DC from NJ.

Kick some ass, man!

4. Please

I have a question, will this be video taped and put on the internet?

5. Astrofrog

Astrofrog Level 2: Koopa

^

6. Johnny Excitement

Johnny Excitement Level 1: Goomba

Cool, but... (my first post, btw)

Congratulations on the Speech, (oh, and I guess the wedding, too.) But wouldn't speaking publicly about SMBC bring unwanted attention and/or legal action from Nintendo? I'd hate to see you shut down.

7. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

Nintendo has already dealt with Jay, they're cool now.

8. Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont Level 2: Koopa

I'd like to hear this story. If you wouldnt mind telling it?

And Congrats Jay. I'd LOVE to attend, but sadly Ohio is a LONG way away from DC. I'd love your Frikkin autograph all signed "The Downward Thruster, Jay Pavlina" It'd make my year, lol.

9. Please

Oh please, do tell!

But also, not just Nintendo could get mad; Taito, Konami, Capcom, and SunSoft all could get mad, too.

10. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

They said that as long as he isn't profiting directly from the game, it's fair use.

11. Jay

What the hell? This is why I love the Internet. I don't know how word somehow got spread that I talked with Nintendo, but I've never spoken with them. However, I've talked with other game developers, and they told me Nintendo knows about it, so I assume their silence means they're cool with it.

But anyway, I'm not speaking about the game. I'm speaking about fair use. I'm not promoting it or anything.

12. Please

Oh the internet!

I think the point was that you're going out in public and will probably be introduced as the SMBC creator which means the game will get some attention.

13. insaneninja

insaneninja Level 6: Lakitu

i saw there was a new post on the front page and thought the game was updated but it was not but congrats on public speaking and marriage and stuff
    JAY'S
    GETTING MARRIED MOTHERFUCKER

14. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Have Dr. Wily come on stage and say something cool

15. Anon1548

Anon1548 Guest

I kinda like Jay's concept behind this game. I mean, he has written somewhere, that he made this game to promote his movies. How great is that? :p

And the more important question: What will he do next time to promote his movies?
    I bet he'll invent a new kind of motor that uses rabbit excrements ("eco-friendly" :p) instead of gasoline.

Reporter: "Mr. Pavlina, what inspired you to invent such a phenomenal product?"
    Jay: "Well... i don't know. I just wanted to promote my movies!?

16. Jay

And it's sad that I only put up one movie so far. But I don't care as much about my movies any more. I like entertaining people in any form.

17. Anon1548

Anon1548 Guest

To be honest, i'm one of those few people who are more interested in your movies than in the game. Sure, the game is great and everything, but your movies are your creativity at its best. I hope you don't lose that passion completely.

18. Jay

That will never happen because I will always enjoy doing comedy. I'll probably put up some more movies in between this game update and the next. But I'm more excited about making new movies than showing people my old movies. As soon as I have the opportunity, I will make the funniest movie ever... at least I will think it's the funniest movie ever.

19. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

There's in fact a pretty strong likelihood that I'll be able to attend this! Also, out of curiosity, how were you selected for the panel? Did they contact and interview you and stuff? I guess SMBC is one of the most Fair Use things out there, hahaha.

EDIT: And if I do make it I'm so totally bringing you some crazy souveinirs and calling them wedding gifts.

20. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Wow, public speaking? I envy and pity you at the same time. On one hand, I want people to just shut up and listen to me for once...on the other hand, I melt down in front of crowds.

Can't wait to hear your speech, man! Knowing you, you'll have some excellent points, and good luck with your marriage. May you have many years happy together.