SPECULATION: What will be added in the next MAJOR update?

Discussion in 'Game' started by Mitewing, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

All attacks were up+attack, so that's not very nostalgic. But axes on up+attack makes more sense because axes go up. Limited attack could be on special.

2. Gutsman's ass for no reason.
    I mean rush jet, flamethrower, super missiles, *cough*grenades for mario*cough*, diagonal thrusts, cross, multi-warhead missiles, and ninja cloak.

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

For Simon, the Special button could switch weapons, and Up + Attack would use the selected weapon. This seems like the easiest way to do it to me. Also, rather than have enemies drop hearts, question mark blocks could randomly produce hearts instead of a coin or ten coins (a 1-coin block could produce a small heart, a 10-coin block could produce a large heart).

4. phurgawtin

phurgawtin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Coin blocks could have a chance to give him a random weapon for him to switch to, which would mean that at character creation in 1-1 he would have no special, and this would be pretty close to original gameplay.

Add in monsters dropping hearts, and you've got yourself castlevania.

5. sbq92

Even better. :)

6. phurgawtin

phurgawtin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

yeah, your idea kicked ass though. the only problem i had with it was that Simon should only be able to carry one special weapon at a time.

but if he was to carry more than one, yours would be the preferred method, i believe.

I just got a mental image of hitting a coin block, and an axe falling under it like what happens when you break a candle holder in castlevania lol.

7. sbq92

The main problem with this approach is that getting weapons randomly isn't exactly Castlevania. Perhaps set blocks will have set weapons. I could easily see 10-coin blocks being changed to giving sub-weapons, and each sub-weapon block would be a set special weapon. So, for example, the 10-coin block in 1-1 (near the star) would give the dagger, and then the first sub-weapon block in 1-2 could provide an axe for 1-2 brick-smashing goodness. :D Also, the 10-coin blocks that have other blocks above them could remain 10-coin blocks, since the sub-weapon can't appear above it.

His power-ups could also still provide the ability to throw 1, 2, or 3 sub-weapons, as per the "II" and "III" power-ups in Castlevania.

I wonder if this method could work for other characters, too, such as providing robot master weapons for Mega Man...although, that is very unlike the Mega Man games.

8. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

i really hope Pit will be a playable character in SMB.C someday.

9. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

You all have seemed to forgot the point of the game. If you change coins to hearts, it'd ruin it. I can understand a coin block as a weapon every now and again, but half of them being hearts is too much. Enemies dropping powerups is pushing it, but I suppose it needed to be done. Just don't go any further, PLEASE