Spongebob Skins Pack

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Loveforever92003, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

It has been a LONG time ever since i joined the forums. But, now i
    introduce something new! I present to you, the Spongebob Skins Pack!

Link_Skin_Template (1).png

I did not know what player to replace with Spongebob, so i did Link. (In some sprites, he smiles, even in his portrait. I wanted to do it because he does that in some episodes.) Also, i want to make his "lose a life" graphics look like his "fake" death in the movie.

Mega_Man_Skin_Template.png

Since starfish in reality can grow how many "arms" they have, Mega Man was the perfect choice
    to be replaced by Patrick. (Rush is unchanged, but the normal Mega Man (MM for now) and the Rush Marine MM Graphics are seprate sprites, i DID changed the Rush Marine sprites.) A duplacate of his arm replaces the Hard Knuckle and Super Arm sprites.

Simon_000 (1).png

I wanted Sandy to replace Simon. I could replace her with Ryu, but meh. I'm lazy sometimes.
    The ! ball replaces the cross, the nut replaces the food items, the Holy Water was
    edited to look like a cup of goo, hearts are edited to look more like metal and finally, the axe was replaced by a karate/boxing glove.

But that's not all! :star:

Theme_Example_Skin_Template.png

The water, castle and underground skins use the same tileset. The overworld tileset
    is the only one to be completely different.

Map_Skin_Template (1).png

I changed some stuff on the Map skin template, some just recolored. Here is a list:
    • Toad is replaced by a talking fish.
    • Peach is replaced by Mr. Krabs (i know "Krabs" is not how you say the grammar "crab", but hey, this is a kids show).
    • Small and big castles are replaced by the Chum Bucket.
    • Poison, Normal and 1-UP Mushrooms are all replaced with a Krabby Patty.
    • The Fire Flower is replaced by a tomato.
    • The Star Man powerup is replaced by a moon (not the 3-up ones).
    • Coins are replaced by bills.
    • Red coins are recolored yellow.
    • Yoshi Eggs are recolored blue.
    • All water/lava are recolored black.
    • Bullet Bill Shooter has no skull elbem, and is blue inside.
    • Top of the vine is a green slime.
    • Middle of the vine is gray and more like stairs.
    • Green spring is alt. green. Red spring is blue (did i got that mixed up?).
    • :?: blocks are orange blocks with the word KK (Krusty Krab) on it.
    • Axe (not Simon/Sandy's, but rather Bowser's) is replaced by a red button.
    • Bushes have dots and eyes.
    • Clouds have blue spots and a face.
    • Flag has a S (standing for Spongebob) on it
    • Flagpoles are recolored yellow/gold, and have a shine on top of each.
    And i guess that's it! :D
    I hope you enjoy this skin pack as much as i do. Tell something you spotted if you like! :1up:

(EDIT: I don't know why i messed up the pipes. I was meant to replace them, but now i messed up.)

(EDIT 2: Here is an example of what my skins in the game would look like. I tried to make the HUD and pipe...pretty crappy if you ask me.)

ExamplePic.jpg

Edwin0080 and Crownjo like this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Interesting. One thing I wanna mention though. The left "poof" is the enemy death sprite, the right "poof" is the player's.
    [​IMG]

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  3. Loveforever92003

Okay, i fixed the enemy "poof" sprites. :)
    Link_Skin_Template (1) - Copy.png

4. Faruga

Patron

If you ever feel that the sheets are done, than follow these instructions carefully.

1. Click here. You should see this:
    How to submit skins image 1.png
    2. Click "Choose File", navigate to the skin image and click "Open". Don't worry, we don't record file paths.
    3 (optional). Make sure the "Destination filename" makes it clear that the skin is of the character. For example, for Spongebob, you could call it "Spongebob.png" or "Spongebob_Link_skin.png". Make sure the extension (".png", ".gif") is still there or it won't work.
    4 (optional). The summary is a brief description of the image. Fill this in (for example, "A SpongeBob SquarePants skin over Link") if you like. The "Licensing" is not important, as the only available option is "None selected".
    5. If you check "Watch this file", you will be alerted (via e-mail if you've put in your e-mail address) when someone uploads a new version of the file. I don't know about what the Wiki would warn you about, but I don't recommend checking "Ignore any warnings".
    6. Once that's all done, click "Upload file". If everything worked, you should see a screen similar to this (the image in question is Mario's SMB3 skin, and the interface is slightly different on the actual page because I'm an admin):
    How to submit skins image 2.png
    7. Above the skin image, you should see a long horizontal line. Above it, you'll see the word "File:" along with the destination filename. Copy this (drag over the text and Ctrl+C).
    8. Go to the right character skin page. Click here for a list of the character skin pages and click here for the level/map skin page.
    9. Click the edit button. You should see something similar to this (screenshot from the level skin page):
    How to submit skins image 3.png
    10. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the big text box and look at the way the submitted skins are coded, comparing it with the Show Preview button. I'll leave you to decide what console it should be representing, for the pages with console columns. Copy the text in one of the submissions (each submission is between |- ), and paste it at the bottom of the page.
    11. Edit the info. The lines have to be in the same order as the header cells at the top of the page (left to right). In the [[:File:<insertnamehere>|<insertskinnamehere>]] column, change the skin name into your skin name and paste what you copied earlier after selecting the "File:<insertnamehere>" bit with Ctrl+V (not including the first colon).
    12. Save the page.
    13. ???
    14. Profit.

We should put this guide on the Wiki somewhere...

Rey D likes this.
  5. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

That spongebob looks like Diskun. Which would be a better skin anyway.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What I like:
    • Spongebob's portrait: his eyes and face in general are faithful and the shading gives a nice effect ;
    • Sandy's two first attacking sprites: They look cool, because of the unintentional shading and the helmet ;
    • Trees, clouds, grey blocks, the 1-3 long stuffs and hot dogs.
    What I dislike:
    • Character sprites being unfaithful to their appearance ;
    • Everything else: that looks like some paint stuff (that is, in fact), and not real spriting.
    Keep working.

TheomanZero and uglyrodent like this.
  7. Loveforever92003

I actually did make the skins in Paint, and if you hate that program, forgive me.

It was nice that you liked three things about my skins, though. :)

8. Lilfut

I use Paint, too. His problem was that it was clearly done with the default tools and no nitty-gritty spritework, which just looks bad.

uglyrodent and TheomanZero like this.
  9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe you could try working from the sprites from Spongebob games? I think they're mostly for the Game Boy Advance, so they'd have to be devamped.

Rey D likes this.
  10. Lilfut

Also, they're way too big.

Someone should make Diskun over Link, by the way.

11. Faruga

Patron

There's one for the Game Boy Color. Legend of the Lost Spatula or something.

12. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

All my skin are making on paint.Yes.ON PAINT!!!

Anyway,this need a very big improvement.Just for an example of a good skin on paint:
    Boo enemy SMBC.PNG

TheomanZero likes this.
  13. Lilfut

Though, to be fair, you don't make the sprites, coolman, just compile them. To the best of my knowledge, the 16-bit Sophia sprites were made in Paint, so Loveforever, look at those and realize you don't have an excuse.

TheomanZero likes this.
  14. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

Ohh sory,but blooper boo is made by me(modified)and the spike top too(modified).The koopa troopa mario skin as modified for the shelled koopa,etc.I made little modif.On the interface,I have recolorid the title to haunted look..Anyway,the trick to make good skin is to take already created sprite,put them and add credit on the wiki.It is the bes method.I like the idea,but you need real sprite,not just drawning on paint.

15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I highly doubt game Ryuza uses Paint.

Faruga likes this.
  16. Lilfut

I don't see why he wouldn't. When used right, it's the best program for spriting. When used right.

17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

It's really not, it's just the simplest. It lacks transparency and layers, which are VITAL to easy sprite work.

Rey D likes this.
  18. Lilfut

I use it primarily, at least.

19. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

This needs to be in.

20. Lilfut

A better version of it does, yes.