Suggesting SMBC 3

Discussion in 'Game' started by dookiecheese, Jun 30, 2010.

1. dookiecheese

dookiecheese Level 2: Koopa

Would be great if there was an SMBC 3. Same concept, same characters, just Super Mario Bros. 3. In case you can't remember which one that is:

I think, and I hope this is in the realm of possibility, that Nintendo could be enticed into producing or funding the production of such a game--making it available as a cheap purchase (DLC?) for the wii or w.e hand helds Nintendo has flying around at the time. Although I love not having to pay to play SMBC I would like to see Pavlina get some serious cash for it. Despite Pavlina being a competent programmer he's only one man, and SMB. 3 is a long ass game. Free for all Flash game on the interwebs or otherwise, I would love to play SMB. 3 with some of the crossover characters.

2. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

I think you should make it (D)

3. dookiecheese

Who are you referring to lol?

4. TskNelson

TskNelson Level 3: Paratroopa

He's referring to you.

5. dookiecheese

I think sarcasm was implied: "lol?"

6. Leon

Leon Level 2: Koopa

I think you fail at Sarcasm.

7. dookiecheese

Interesting considering that my last comment was the sarcastic one, it was also ironic; dissidence between stated or literal and actual or intended meaning. Down ward thrust mother fucker.

8. Walrus

Walrus Level 2: Koopa
    Patron

Nintendo is not going to be enticed into making such a game. In fact, they're more likely to stomp out the game. And even if Nintendo somehow was enticed, Capcom, Konami, and Tecmo would also have to be enticed to get Mega Man, Simon, Bill, and Ryu in an official game.

I'd rather Jay work on incorporating all his ideas into SMBC before taking on a new project.

9. dookiecheese

Finally a real comment. Damn copyright infringement, you'd think eventually the patent would run out like it does for inventions. Apparently things of little practical utility have more rights then real inventors who literally changed the world; Tesla v Marconi for the original Patents to Wireless or Radio (Tesla won, look it up if you don't believe me).

10. dookiecheese

Actually I misused spacing, technically down, ward, mother, and fucker are words on there own account. So you fail.

11. J Squared

J Squared Level 7: Bloober

Pointless debates ITT. Everyone, let's stop arguing about sarcasm, spelling, and grammar, and get back on track to the point for which this topic was created: to discuss a hypothetical SMB3C.

As I understand things, it'd be cool on an idealistic level but next to impossible on a practical level. It wouldn't require only Nintendo, but all the third parties who developed the characters borrowed for SMBC, to get on board. This simply will never happen, and the chance that Nintendo would hand off the best-selling video game franchise in the world to a relatively unknown and inexperienced (albeit very talented) game developer is nil. If SMB3C is to be created, it'd probably be unofficially produced by Jay Pavlina. Like you said, though, it's a huge project so I don't see it happening.

12. JinnTolser

JinnTolser Level 2: Koopa

I can see why a hypothetical SMB3C would be extraordinarily unlikely to ever happen. But if it did... wow! That would be the best game ever!

Mario/Luigi would still play just like normal, with each of the various suit pickups doing what they normally do, of course.

Mega Man would get different powers from various bosses depending on what he got (Bubble Man for the frog suit, Air Man for the raccoon suit, keep Heat Man for the fire flower, maybe Metal Man for the hammer bros. suit, and Wood Man for the tanuki).

Ryu and Simon would switch their special weapons depending on the suit pickup, and maybe get a sprite recolor to indicate which one they currently have. Simon could get daggers, holy water, crosses, etc., while Ryu could get the fire wheel, those downward fireball things, the invincible fire wheel, and so on.

Bill I suppose would get more gun options, although I don't remember the original Contra clearly enough to remember whether there would be enough to cover all the different power-ups in SMB3. Besides, the spread gun is already the best anyway so he'd want the fire flower anyway.

Samus... somebody help me out with this one. I know she had an ice beam, but other than that and the wave beam I really don't remember. I was never a big fan of the Metroid series after the second game or so, and so I don't remember most of what she could do. Wouldn't mind seeing an appearance by the Spider Ball from Metroid 2, but I could see that being totally broken when added to everything she can already do.

And hey, there would be a PvP system built right in. I know this game will never happen but now I really, really want it!

13. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I didn't know the Spider Ball was in Metroid 2, I thought it debuted in Metroid Prime.
    My generation has no respect for old games...

Anyway, the ice beam would be fun. Kinda broken, but AWESOME.

I would suggest FROG Man for the Frog Suit, but...he just made an acid rain that demolished things. Too powerful, even in the original, but I still thought I should mention the possibility.

Now my intrigue forces my to do an outline for all these powerups. AWAY!
    *woosh*

Edit: Made an outline for the suits if it were based on SMB3. I know it probably won't happen, and not with my ideas, but it was fun to make. Note: I did research on the characters I wasn't as familiar with, except Ryu. The upgrades for Ryu are based around what I thought to be appropriate upgrades (water suit boosts water abilities, etc.) to his shuriken.