Considering Super Arm on anyblock, not just bricks

Discussion in 'Features' started by Nemephosis, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Requesting to make the Super Arm work on ANY block, not just those with the brick pattern. Would make those empty coin and powerup blocks suddenly useful...

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. In Mega Man they were built to work with one specific kind of brick that was present in the game, so it wouldn't make sense for SMBC to not follow suit.

There is also the possibility of traps. If you Super Arm the block under the pipe in 1-2 or 4-2, you can't go through it. Yes, you COULD take the warp pipes, but a lot of people don't like using them, so it creates a kind of liability in that regard.

TheomanZero and Rey D like this.
  3. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Oh, crap, I never realized that. About the brick thing that is. As for the traps, well, just be careful. :p

But yeah, I should have realized SMBC was following that. I never played a Mega Man game which had the Super Arm. Disregard this thread then and close

edit: No, don't preface it with "request", I was already told why it can't work... just lock it and forget I made it :p

sbq92 likes this.
  4. Kingicarus

Kingicarus Level 1: Goomba

in an effort to refute this a bit, i once saw a video called mega man vs met (or hard hat, i dont remember). I bring it up because in the video super arm is used and upon taking the brick out of the ground, a background wall appears (in the video it acts as an empty space, but thats beside the point). I was thinking if that background wall were to act as a spot to stand on, it could fix the problems presented, besides the non-cannonicity of only one certain block working with the super arm.

5. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Oh yeah, that one. It's so funny. With every single weapon from every single MM game (well, at least nearly). Even Powered Up.

Lemme rewatch it and check what it does with the Super Arm to see if you're right...
    EDIT: The Guts Arm's at around 2:20, but I recommend you watch the rest as well. That's how great it is.
    EDIT 2: It seems that the thing at around 3:50 is supposed to be the Deep Digger (Mega Man V for the Game Boy), not the Super Arm.

Thunder Wing likes this.
  6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

You know, SMBC already has a lot more blocks that Super Arm works on than Mega Man did. Isn't that enough?

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. Kingicarus

Kingicarus Level 1: Goomba

exaclty my point, if the same method were to be applaied to the super arm in smbc like at 2:20 it would fit in nicely. As a side note, we should totally have access to all the weapons in that video. You have to admit that would be awesome!

8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I had to stop watching when he didn't even try charging the power adapter... y'know the weapon that does break through almost every shield in the game. Where did the second met come from anyway