News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Preview - Metal Blade

Here’s a quick video showing off the metal blade from Mega Man 2.

1. IAM

IAM Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Actually it has been more than a year and a half since the last update (more than 18 months)

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

AHEM *stares at v1.2 which came out in December 2010*

Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  3. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

AHEM *What M-F said*

Rey D likes this.
  4. IAM

Well it says at the top on the screen where you play the game
    Last Update: April 27th 2010
    If you claim December then please show me where you are looking

5. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

That was when the game first came out. Look through Jay's blog posts (the ones on the home page).

6. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

It says? That's weird. 04/27/10 is actually the release date of SMBC (v1.0).
    This is the version history, where you can check the dates and the new features of every version.

IAM likes this.
  7. StepS

StepS Level 3: Paratroopa

:) oh, nice video. good job

8. IAM

Thank you for showing me so I am correctly informed

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

EDIT: For some reason, I misread IAM's post. Lemme find something interesting to say so I don't have to delete that post.
    EDIT 2: As special weapons are implemented to Mega Man, along with a "Select" button (or pause or whatever), I wonder if we'll have to press "Attack" like in Mega Man games, making the "Special" button useless.

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I hope my ideas concerning a Classic Controls option are implemented. This would affect Mega Man and Link the most.

11. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

The more accurate to the original games the better. IMO.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Mitewing

Agreed. However,those two should be slightly different due to the platforming needs of SMB.

13. Spokavriel

The legend of Zelda on Gameboy game Sub titled Link's Awakening had all that was needed. Heck they even include some small bits of Mario Platforming in a couple of the dungeons.

14. Mitewing

How were the sword and other weapons handled while in the platforming areas since one button had to be used for jumping?

15. Spokavriel

You select which button your sword is on. As well as shield or other item. The needed one being a feather. At least I think it was a feather I should double check that. Its in my list of games to replay ASAP.

16. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The jumping items in Zelda games are the Roc Feather (lv-1) and the Roc Cape (lv-2).

17. Spokavriel

I wanted to double check because I got Pegasus boots in mind even though those are a sprinting item. Why aren't they Cheetah boots to avoid confusion? You know a sprinting animal instead of one where the unique aspect of the creature is flight.

18. Mitewing

Mainly because a Pegasus is a mythological animal and cheetahs are not. Horses are pretty fast on land, so it would be logical to assume a flying horse would be fast in the air.

19. Spokavriel

Yeah but in most Zelda games you use the boots for running faster ON THE GROUND.

20. Mitewing

I guess Cheetah boots don't sound as epic as Pegasus boots and the boots are pictured with wings. So Mercury or Hermes boots might make more sense.