News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Preview - Metal Blade

Here’s a quick video showing off the metal blade from Mega Man 2.

1. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

But they both fly. How about using the Final Fantasy convention of Sprint shoes?

2. killbill28

killbill28 Level 1: Goomba

Hmmm...... Will this happen if he added Pikachu?
    [​IMG]

IAM likes this.
  3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

No need to add anything else, IMO. The original LOZ Link has enough abilities.

4. IAM

IAM Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Now that I can think, I can think about the other amazing powers Mega Man has had that can be added into the game even though it may take forever to do one power.

5. Mitewing

I'm guessing Jay will be adding the MM weapons based on uniqueness and popularity. It would be overkill if he adds all of them. But I'm still a fan of sbq92's suggestion of adding weapons based on the other playable characters. Of course this have to wait until the final update.

sbq92 likes this.
  6. IAM

How true.
    You can only have so much in a game

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

"Hermes Shoes" would probably make the most sense, in an effort to maintain the mythological sense of the boots. I suppose this is all a moot point, however, since the games in question have been in existence for a looong time, and the name of the boots isn't going to change. :p

I appreciate your support of my idea, but I actually don't think it's reasonable anymore. Yes, it would be awesome and incredibly unique for Mega Man to be able to use the weapons of all the other characters (which would be obtained by finishing the game with each of those characters), but it is quite unfair to give one character the abilities of all the characters, even with limited ammo. I suppose also the addition of Metal Blade already probably negates the addition of unique abilities. It seems like the kind of thing that should go either one way or the other--unique weapons or existing weapons, not both.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. IAM

Uniqueness is a great human power.

9. Mitewing

Well maybe Jay will choose MM weapons that resemble other characters abilities and then skins can be made.

IAM and sbq92 like this.
  10. sbq92

That is an interesting idea. I suppose we could speculate about that. :p

11. IAM

Very interesting ... Tell me more...

12. Mitewing

Metal Man's weapon would definitely be a Contra weapon. Quick Man's weapon would be Link's boomerang. That's all I got so far.

Rey D likes this.
  13. IAM

What about using Heat Man's weapon like Mario's fireballs?

14. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

They aren't the same. Comparison:
    Atomic Fire can be charged and flies in a straight line.
    Fireballs cannot be charged, but kill most things in one hit anyway and bounce.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. Mitewing

I don't know of an MM weapon that bounces like Mario's fireball. Any ideas, anybody?

Edit: There are more boomerang like weapons to consider than just Quick Man's.

16. sbq92

For some reason I'm thinking there might be some sort of bubble-type weapon that bounces similarly to the fireballs. The hitbox would be a bit weird, though, considering the fireballs are a lot smaller than most bubble weapons would be.

17. IAM

You Mean like Bubble Man's Bubble Lead?

18. sbq92

Bubble Lead doesn't bounce, it rolls along the floor.

The only weapon I can think of is Wild Coil, but it doesn't quite behave like the fireballs, it goes both directions and is chargeable.

19. IAM

Well, You could invent something new and origonal.

20. sbq92

The whole idea here is that we're trying to think of existing Mega Man weapons that function in ways similar to the weapons of the other characters so that Mega Man's weapons can be skinned to look like the weapons of the other characters. If we're inventing something new and original, we might as well just include the other characters' weapons as weapons for Mega Man.