News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets skinnable graphics and a new power-up system.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Working on a game for almost 3 years that you cannot make money from is a bit depressing. I explained it in my interview with Nitro Game Injection. The other comments people have made are correct. We're shifting focus to an original game that we will sell. It's not going to be expensive. But we want to grow, and we can't go on like this.

Also... I hate the limitations of Flash. :)

2. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I sampled the graphics it's beyond awesome. I will have to play tomorrow though cause I'm tired.:cry:

roman6a likes this.
  3. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Do different skins give different powerups? I'm playing as Samus with the SNES skins, and all I get from powerup boxes are these weird looking ball items crisscrossed with something, that does not seem to do anything...

edit: Okay, this is a new one. I turned on tutorials to see what it was, and it treats it like Ryu's jump slash powerup.

.... maybe my save file got fucked up. I'll try a new game first.

edit: Yup, it got fucked up somehow. Link was getting Samus and Ryu's powerups, etc. A stepladder came out of an item box. Screens, anyone? lol. In the meantime I guess I need to trash my save file. No big D, I know how to unlock all the cheats via the menu :p

edit 2: Actually I will keep it and paste it here if anyone wants to try it, see what happens.

Edit 3: Paste this into a new text document and save it, then load this. Tell me if you get what I got. If not, I will put up some pics to show what happened. Starting a new save file did the trick.

<smbc_save_data>0,1,1,3,0,0,19,3,0,0,0,0,2,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,10,7,6,21,11,15,20,16,10,5,38,45,39,46,48,5,62,54,1,57,64,1,28,1,28,8,6,21,11,15,20,16,10,17,6,13,58,22,24,9,37,6,36,44,29,65,32,30,6,51,35,52,0,34,43,5,61,4,65,55,49,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,10,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,10,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,10,8,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,0,2,5,5,0,0,10,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,1,20,1,5,1,5,3,15,5,8,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,10,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,37,39,38,40,90,88,67,27,9,2,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0</smbc_save_data>

edit 4: Yeah, I edit a lot instead of quad posting... lol.

Question: Where dafuq did Link's magical sword powerup go? I can't be sure, but I think it's been lumped into the red ring powerup?

Also the sword beame are still wooden sword strength, the power needs to be bumped up to whatever sword he has.

4. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

Can't you just ignore that platform and jump to the next one beyond it? I'm positive that it's a jump you can make.

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

The picture has four platforms in total:
    -The one SOPHIA is jumping from
    -The one she is jumping too
    -The one mostly off screen to the right
    -The one mostly off screen to the left

Jump from the one SOPHIA is jumping from to the one offscreen to the left. Jump from there to the one you're aiming at.

6. Nemephosis

Speaking of Sophia, she needs helper platforms at the end of levels now like everyone else gets. No guarantee of hover anymore.

Faruga likes this.
  7. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

That's an old save bug. The new version doesn't have it, but your save file still won't work since it's from the buggy version.

Rey D likes this.
  8. Nemephosis

ahh, yeah, I did use a 2.0 save on a 2.02... I see. Thanks.

It IS pretty funny though. You can't get powerups (useful ones) but it is pretty funny.

9. ace

ace Level 1: Goomba

HOORAY!!!! Best birthday present ever!! Can't believe it! I just logged on to show a friend this game and saw that version 2 has been released!!! WOW! Great timing! Thanks Jay and everyone for your hard work. Gonna have so much fun now! :)

Faruga likes this.
  10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I don't know if anyone has played this with NES graphics with all the new skins and used the secret 4-2 warp zone. There is a stem missing from a mushroom platform. I love the game so far with an exception on the music change. Thank God Jay has not added Pac Man that music would be repetitive and annoying being the first Pac Man only has one piece of music and looped it would be horrible. I'm just saying that because some characters in the NES time frame had only one music track good thing none of them are in the game.

11. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I give this update :star::star::star::star::star:
    I also had to switch to my SNES controller, not enough buttons on the NES controller. But that's alright.
    By the way, Retrolink's USB NES and SNES controllers are awesome quality and cheap.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Nemephosis

I'll tell you, Very Hard on Survival tests your reflexes for sure. I made a few narrow escapes that surprised even me. I got super lucky, by the time world 6 came around I had revived/powered all the characters I wanted, so I had extra mushrooms (use 'em or lose 'em!)

So I revived Simon, then powered him up, and it gave me the dagger subweapon. I went for broke and used the last mushroom on him and it gave me the stopwatch.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

roman6a, sbq92 and silentshadowxp like this.
  13. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I enjoy getting a character (especially Mega Man or Bass) fully powered up, then just running through the game, saving every level or so and reloading if I get hit. It's a great way to practice with the various weapons. :)

Additionally, I'll sometimes just use the level select cheat and jump back to 1-1 and start over, but with all my weapons. :D

roman6a and silentshadowxp like this.
  14. Nemephosis

*smack*

If you wanna practice, just turn on invincible. :p

roman6a likes this.
  15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Not before earning it by exterminating 1000 enemies. :D

silentshadowxp and roman6a like this.
  16. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

This was the first version where I actually decided to earn all of the cheats :D
    Although I did use said cheats to help me unlock more cheats >.>;

roman6a likes this.
  17. Faruga

Patron

I did that last version.

roman6a likes this.
  18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well when I beat the game, I earned both Incvicibility, Infinite Ammo and Infinite Lives. :p Naturally achievement getting is cool. :D

Yesterday I wanted to post something here. But I fell asleep and now I've forgotten what it was about.
    EDIT: Oh yes, I wanted to say that the new overpowered character is our favorite player 2, the Luigi! :p

roman6a likes this.
  19. Faruga

Patron

In what way? I think that Link is the OP one (although at full power, SOPHIA's the OP one).

roman6a likes this.
  20. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

It's hard to say who's overpowered, but my impression is that the game is overall easiest to conquer when played as Link. Even with no power-ups he is able to easily elude most enemies through a combination of his boomerang and downward thrust (including Spike Tops and Bowser). I actually think his regular boomerang should be a collectable power-up to help make things more balanced, and it would also be more accurate to the source game.

Slightly off topic, I like some of the the subtle changes Jay has made such as spike tops no longer automatically killing you with only one hit, and Lakitu not able to be stunned by boomerang.

uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.