News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets skinnable graphics and a new power-up system.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

When was 2.0.3 added?

2. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

3. Mitewing

I posted it, then I remembered the version history. Lol. I'm guessing invisible skins allows one to play as invisible characters?

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Not invisible characters, but invisible level skins and enemy skins. :awesome:

5. Mitewing

Holy shit! That's wild!

6. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I hope a Super Mario World skin will come sometime.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. sbq92

From what I understand, Jay and Zach are taking a break from any serious work on SMBC. I guess Jay is fixing bugs, but they're not really doing anything more than that for a little while (a few months?). In that time, the community can put together skin sheets (e.g., Super Mario World), which will likely be added when Jay and Zach are back from "vacation." :)

8. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Not quite sure I understand the purpose for that. Just tried it out and it's practically impossible >.>

9. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

That's too bad, I was kind of hoping that these two new mystery characters nobody is saying anything about could be released, then it's just bug fixes from there and they'd be pretty much done after that.

10. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I rather believe that to be the point.

silentshadowxp and Anon421 like this.
  11. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Done? Please. There's still Lost Levels to be added. XD They'll actually probably be added with the Lost Levels update, but I could be wrong. And just because they're taking a break from Crossover and it's no longer top priority doesn't mean that they're done. Even past Lost Levels they probably won't stop periodically updating it. I believe Jay has mentioned updating it a couple times a year.

12. Nemephosis

heh, yeah, I don't see that happening, what with their commercial project. They're still just two guys, and they're focusing on their original game more now. It may be what they say, but plans change... work on a game you can make money off vs one you can't... well, I know where my dev time would go...

13. sbq92

I agree, but Jay does seem very committed to SMBC. Maybe he won't keep on updating continually, but I can see him at the very least making sure Lost Levels and the two new characters get added. I believe he did promise these things (and the characters are partially finished anyway). But you are right, their commitment will become more and more to their commercial project. I don't expect we'll be seeing any brand new characters after these next two are added, and we can probably forget about a whole bunch of new features by the "end" as well. I doubt Jay will leave us hanging with an incomplete game--he'll likely make sure that at some point there is a Final version--but I suspect it won't even have close to a fraction of all the things that have been requested on the forums.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  14. Nemephosis

If I am going to be honest, if all work were to end on it as of this minute, I wouldn't feel like it were incomplete in any way. It's amazing just how much you can cram into a flash game.

sbq92 likes this.
  15. sbq92

I would be inclined to agree, except that my Zelda II skins haven't been added yet, nor have any Mega Man level or enemy skins. Until those are all added, I deem this game incomplete. :p

16. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 released...
    the game is so great, I'm really pleased...

17. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

The invisible skin is the ultimate challenge for anyone who thinks they really know this game. I compare it to Invisible Tetris in the Grand Master challenge thing.

Anon421 likes this.
  18. Nemephosis

Knowing the game doesn't matter when the fire wands are invisible, and they start in a random position every time you get to them. I got to 1-4 okay, and then said "fuck this" when the fire wands in 1-4 couldn't be seen.

19. sbq92

Actually, they don't appear in a random position. I am consistently able to slide under each of the firebars in the first hallway of 1-1, and I just make it by the same amount each time.

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"they start in a random position every time you get to them."

I don't think so.

As far as I know, the podobos and bowser's fire will probably cause a big problem. (although I believe bowser's fire is part of the enemy sheet).

uglyrodent likes this.