News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets skinnable graphics and a new power-up system.

1. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well only real big things are Super Mario Bros. 2 LL and Super Mario Bros. Special but that would mean 3.0 and maybe unless both were added at the same time 4.0. But this is just 2.1 so I'm only expecting the possible skins or somewhat possible Characters. But not the impossible only due to SRS being the priority for now SMB2LL and SMBS. But what ever the update has will keep us busy till SRS and SRS will keep us busy till SMBC 3.0. So I'm happy.:D

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

How much gameplay tweaking for characters, levels, and game modes would you say was done?

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Since this thread is largely about the next update now...

I was on the wiki trying to upload something for someone and I noticed some skins are marked as being in the game now.

I'm also unable to upload files to the wiki.

Are the skins being marked as in-game official confirmation of them being added, or did something weird happen to the wiki during the recent maintenance?

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I noticed that, too. No one here has touched them, so I think it was some sort of maintenance issue. I wouldn't mark skins that have been added until the release is official. :p

Out of curiosity, which skins did you see labeled as being in the game?

Also, in response to Mitewing, I can't remember all of the tweaks, but I will say that Luigi is a lot more accurate now. :)

TheomanZero likes this.
  5. uglyrodent

Off the top of my head, Classic Style Mega Man X for Mega Man and CV4 Simon for...well, Simon.

I feel like there were one or two others.

*goes to check*

Castlevania 2 Theme/Map/Enemy
    Quick Man for Bass
    Marco Rossi for Bill
    OoT Link for Link
    SMW Luigi
    Power Zero Suit Samus
    Shroom Cannon for Sophia.

6. sbq92

Definitely weird. I didn't label any of those. I will say, though, that two of the character skins you listed there have been added. :p

Rey D likes this.
  7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

CV4 simon? Isn't he way too tall?

8. uglyrodent

Rey D made it. He shortened it quite a bit. It looks alright.

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Actually I haven't. Planned on it but never actually did the thing. Except for one sprite.
    The one in the wiki is nickreaper's. He took Trevor's sprites and recolored them.

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. Mitewing

SMW Luigi was already announced. I'd say the other character it's either Quick Man or Power Zero Suit Samus. Surprised the Castlevania map wasn't put in. I thought it was very good.

11. sbq92

I found out what happened on the wiki. It turns out one person went in and changed a few of the skins to "in game", and also put the Castlevania 2 skin sheets on the Templates page. I don't know why he did, but I suspect he thought that doing so would either put them in the game now or would at least show us that he wants them in.

Regarding the trouble uploading to the wiki, Mike is investigating the issue now.

Omicron, French rocks, Rey D and 2 others like this.
  12. Mitewing

Finally the mystery is solved. Also saw the latest Tweet that the music emulation will be 2.5 times faster. Good news all around!

aliceandsven and TheomanZero like this.
  13. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Quick question:

Will the new update will be a a 3.0 version, or will it still be 2. something version?

14. uglyrodent

15. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

OH DAMN... SMBC 2.0083 has been leaked on Newgrou- no i'm just kidding. I'm definitely curious about the new update. Came pretty much out of nowhere. :)

Omicron likes this.
  16. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Oh thanks, I never noticed Sbq writing this.

17. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

FINALLY. SMBC is getting updated. The thing that excites me most about Exploding Rabbit is coming back with a VENGEANCE.

18. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

Uploading to the Wiki works now.

Rey D likes this.
  19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

This comment kind of got lost in the wiki kerfuffle, but I'd like to say that hearing this excites me.

Also, I'm impressed that the spell checker recognizes the word "kerfuffle".

Mitewing and uglyrodent like this.
  20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"I made some more optimizations to the music emulation, so it will now be 4.5 times faster in the new version."

We can't stop here..!