News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets skinnable graphics and a new power-up system.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Ah, good point. I did notice the higher jump isn't as noticeable as before. I suppose it's due to the more accurate physics. I hadn't thought about the accuracy of the characters and the potential for new characters. :)

2. this is again one of those times we had a love button. :D that's purely brilliant :D

Faruga likes this.
  3. leonmuse

leonmuse Level 3: Paratroopa

cheep cheep umbrella lol
    if pharaoh shot is cheep cheep umbrella, then:

Link's downtrust(motherfucker) = Goombas Boots

4. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Oho! I think I figured out how exactly Fire Flower appear works! If you get hit and loose your powerups then after you pick up a mushroom the next powerup will be a Fire Flower, BUT you most not die or even just get hit along this process. If you die or take hit then you will only find a regular random powerup like normal. So it actually takes skill to find a fireflower.

Oh yeah and SOPHIA on 4-3 can't jump on a platform in the beginning without help of some powerup.

[​IMG]

It's the one the red arrow is pointing at. The picture also shows how high SOPHIA can jump so as you see there is really no way to jump up there. Also can't get to the lower platform on the right, SOPHIA's jump just bump on to the platform above and fall down. So without hover or be able to attach to the bottom of the platform you are unable to make it.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

Weird glitch On world 1-3 I was playing as megaman and a fire flower came out of a box and gave me fire powers.. Not too bad but still

6. Urutsune

Fire Flower can be found by everyone and it restores all of your powers you lost last time.
    Read my previous post how exactly you can find a fire flower.

7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ If your lastpower was fire, that's normal.

Mega Man's jump are a bit hard but can be done.
    Like, in 6-4 or 7-4 I think, there was a jump I had to do multiple times but ended up amking it. :)

Oh and... why did a lot of you play without tutorials? When you play for the first time, that's something quite necessary.

Useless bleh bleh:
    The game feels so great, so like in the original games that when I played Simon for the first time, I tried using sub-weapon with Up+B. Almost got hit by the goomba. :p

Mitewing likes this.
  8. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Now that i noticed...Luigi's fireball doesn't go straight instead of boncing on SMB2J?

9. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

The first time Luigi's fireball defied gravity was in Super Smash Bros.

Rey D likes this.
  10. TiagoDu

Really? Sorry then, i thought the first time was on SMB2J.
    But it would be good to make the bros. even more different

11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

As similar as they may be, it probably will still be a lot of programming to create an Arthur character. I really want him in the game but it won't be anytime soon, as Jay will be working on an original game that he can actually sell.

12. TiagoDu

So Jay's new game will be comercial? Where he said that?
    Anyway, if it's good, i'll buy it for sure. I know Jay is a talented programmer, and i'm sure it will be very good.

13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You clicked Backspace, right?

TiagoDu likes this.
  14. TiagoDu

You betcha?
    Sorry for it, now it's fixed

15. leonmuse

leonmuse Level 3: Paratroopa

I don't recall him stating their original game will be used commercially either!
    People are always used to put words in the mouths of others'
    Anyway, it's about time he tries something new, because there's not much left to explore in SMBC with the current Flash capabilities. Adding new music, new skins, new characters, then what? I totally agree with him taking a new journey from now on

16. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

From what I understand, Awesome Original Game: The Game is going to be commercial. There will be a free core game, and more episodic content that costs money. I guess the plan is to make enough money to be able to employ more people so that they're just working on ER stuff and they can make a living that way. In order to do that they need to increase revenue some how.

Rey D, roman6a and Mitewing like this.
  17. Urutsune

Whoa now! Whats with the random Jay gonna only work original game thing? Seriously guys you pull out the weirdest things out of the hat. There has been work on original game since quite a long time now and at the same time there was also SMBC. And I am pretty sure the game still don't have quite some things what Jay originally planned for it. But even anyways SMBC is a game which is very easy to expand. I also know I may get stabbed by some for saying this but for me SMBC STILL feels like an unfinished game. But don't get me wrong there, by that I simply mean that by playing it I can just feel it that there is still more for it what has been just not put in yet. It's kind of difficult to explain it to others.

roman6a and silentshadowxp like this.
  18. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I know what you mean. But i know it from the other side of the glass: I'm a programmer, and just by looking at games i have a gazillion ideas and want to implement them right away. That hinders my own progress, though, so i have to keep development within certain constraints.

roman6a likes this.
  19. Urutsune

Creation never goes fast or smooth as we wish, that's for a fact. But a real creator also enjoys work and will do it no matter how long will it take because he has dreams and visions he wants to come reality. Nothing feels more awesome then when your vision start to slowly build up piece by piece into reality, and when you can even make other people happy and satisfied with your works that just can't even be described.

Omicron and roman6a like this.
  20. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Exactly. Besides, he never said he's done with it. He said he's still going to update it every now and then. Just because it's no longer top priority doesn't mean that he's finished with it.

Mitewing and roman6a like this.