News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.1 Released

This update for SMBC includes new skins and faster music emulation.

1. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

Arnold as Quick Man: "I'LL BE BASS!"

bad joke nr. 7329 completed

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm so happy . . . you put in so much stuff that I hoped you would but didn't actually expect you to. Hooray!

3. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I can easily fix the platform thing. Not sure what to do about charge kick.

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"Not sure what to do about charge kick"

It would be a good opportunity to finally put in another mega man weapon, if time permits. I don't know what would go well with quick man though

Anon421 likes this.
  5. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I just let him slide while using the weapon. It's way faster than adding something else.

Rey D and Urutsune like this.
  6. aliceandsven

Should be cool to see some Quick Man speed runs now that he has a limited ammo speed boost

TheomanZero likes this.
  7. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I say that actually made him 20% cooler, might even be just the best choice too. He looks really badass while using it.

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It IS from 7.
    From memory I'd say intro stage. Lemme check the Wiki.

And it turns out it was Slash Man. But I was playing with Blaster Master skin set.
    The night music is the Robot Museum theme, which only occurs one in 7. It's a medley of Guts Man's theme, Heat Man's theme and Snake Man's theme.

EDIT: Speaking of which, that page needs update.

aliceandsven likes this.
  9. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

One of the greatest parts about this update..

Now you can do Quick Play, as Quick Man! :awesome:

Anon421 and aliceandsven like this.
  10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

At first I was like awwww man. No Christine or Francesca in this update. But then...

WTF is this...

Shadow it is f.....G Shadow HELL YEA!!!!

But anyways at least there are more female options Peach,Roll,Rokko Chan and not to mention Samus' new Zero Suit skin. But what does any new skin or character mean now? Because...

Shadow Rocks!!!

This must be Super Mario Bros. Crossover final version 2.1! Because...

Nothing tops Shadow

Just kidding about this version being final at least keep up the good work ER Team can't wait till the next update.

Shadow:joy:

sbq92, ZeroXBeoulve and uglyrodent like this.
  11. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Except for Christine and Francesca, this game now supports ALL the bitches.
    This game has ALL of the bitches.
    Bitches?
    Please. We got you covered.
    We don't just have one or two.
    We have all of them.
    All of them?
    ALL of the bitches.

12. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well, I must say, having been playing for the last 15min or so, the new skins look awesome, across the board. Especially liking how some skins are playing a bit differently (Quick Man is so fun!).

I was shocked though that we don't have any Mega Man based level/world skins yet. We got SO much material to work with too. 10 (11 if you count the new, F2P Mega Man X Street Fighter PC game that Capcom just launched this week) 8-bit games worth of worlds to pull resources from. This is something that needs to be corrected... when time permits.

Otherwise, loving the updates!

13. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Mega Man skins have been looked into, but they are actually surprisingly complex. Their ground pattern in the vast majority of the stages differs from the pattern of SMB. There were plans at one point to allow for different ground patterns, so we'll either be waiting for the implementation of that or we may try some heavily customized graphics. Either way, we definitely plan to make Mega Man level skins eventually. :)

Mitewing, Rey D, ZeroXBeoulve and 2 others like this.
  14. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Wow, bravo to Blaine, Ryuza and Jay for an absolutely phenomenal Christmas treat! :jbmario: Thank you so much for the many hours of hard work! There are so many things I love about this update, it's hard to choose my favourite. I love the new level skins, particularly the SNES SMB3 and SMW for more 16-bit level goodness. I also love the new character skins, particularly Shadow (which I imagine will end up being the most popular skin addition to date!) I really like the new balance changes, and the ability for Ryu and Simon to press up+attack to fire a special weapon which feels so right! And I certainly can't forget the much faster load times and smoothness - there's no longer a performance penalty to enjoy the 16-bit soundtracks. Congratulations to all!!

Comment: Something that's been bugging me for a while - as I'm sure everyone knows, when playing on very hard it makes certain weapons for characters of almost no relative value. For example, when playing as Bill on very hard, since the flamethrower is his only weapon that can destroy spike tops, there is little incentive to acquire a different weapon such as the laser. I was thinking it made sense that perhaps armor-piercing would instead be a separate upgrade that would be available to all weapons. So for example, with the armor-piercing upgrade, the spread gun would also be able to destroy spike tops, but it would require more hits than the flamethrower (as the spread gun deals less damage than the flamethrower normally). If this turned out to be too advantageous, perhaps it could be balanced out by increasing the hit points of spike tops?

Question: Are the Atari skins still scheduled to be included in a future update?

Rey D, Crownjo and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  15. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

For fun small details SMW Mario and Luigi can look up.

16. pinkpuff

pinkpuff Level 3: Paratroopa

I'm using Firefox, and I updated Flash to version 11.2, which, according to Adobe:

So that's as good as it gets for me. Anyway I did that, disabled adblocker, got ads but no game.

17. aliceandsven

Biggest mind-blowing moments for me

1) tetrimono
    2) SMW and SMB3AS have different level themes for every world (like ice, night time, donut plains, vanilla caves, stuff like that)

18. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Firefox? There's your problem. :p

Serious now, it's really weird, that shouldn't happen. I just went to the game page and the new version was there.

I guess you can simply play it on another browser (like Chrome) while you don't find a way.

19. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I really like the feel of the the new upgrade system. Secondary weapons for most don't require a prerequisite power up to obtain.
    Rush Coil, Morph Ball/Bombs, Simon's Dagger, Shuriken, Sophia's swimming ability are available from the start. Most of these changes I am all for. It gives it a more streamlined experience. Question: Do flowers still work as they used to for non Mario characters?

I really love how small Toad and Peach keep their crouching ability. It makes them play different enough from the Bros. I also love how each character have their own quest now. I laughed when I first made it to the level end with Sophia saying his frog was in another castle. *but J7 wasn't changed to Roddy :-( *

A few questions and comments: What does the Magic Sword do for Link now? I'm assuming the Red Ring still gives the beam as the sword didn't. I'm being nitpicky but I don't like the blue ring being part of the mushroom. But I do like that I didn't lose my bow when I got hit. I think that happened anyway. I only played on Normal. I was just too excited. Lol

Also, about Quick Man. I think his jump is too short. I suggest giving him MM's high jump from version 1.0 to make him different from Bass.

Overall, a wonderful update that was worth the wait. Keep up the great work Jay and Company!

TheomanZero and Urutsune like this.
  20. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

It's different now, no more flower. Samus, Link and SOPHIA has a lot of powerups
    so when they get hit they loose their stuff, but soon as they pick up a mushroom they get their stuff back unless you die. But characters like Simon or Ryu who has very few upgrades they don't get it back. It basically makes things less frustrating for those who has a lot of major upgrades.
    The sword increase your attack, now collecting a mushroom don't power your attack up. You must collect the sword. The red ring gives you the ability to shoot with your sword. They don't appear in order though so you can get the red ring sooner then the word example. As for the blue ring you get it soon as you collect some bombs.
    I agree! Did you know that in MM2 Quick Man can do super big jumps? So high jump is actually one of his things. In MM2 he can easily jump over you all the way to the other side of the field, so yeah it would make sense for him to be able to jump high.

EDIT: Oh wait I made a mistake you get blue ring from Mushroom and your sword do gets stronger too. But the rest is correct.

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.