News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.1 Released

This update for SMBC includes new skins and faster music emulation.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I remember Quick Man jumping in MM2. That's why I suggested it. Also you don't get the Blue Ring from bombs, but from the Mushroom. I would like to see the Flower come back in some capacity but don't know how. The new upgrade system is more fun and less frustrating.

2. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah I noticed my mistake. I did not played enough with Link yet so I mixed it up.
    As for the flower I am not sure do we really need it. I think stuff now are great, a lot of creativity has been putted into the balancing.

Also maybe it just me but it feels like as some characters have less recovery time. Some just seem to flash for shorter time, but I can be just imaging things.

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"I would like to see the Flower come back in some capacity but don't know how."

The fire flower hasn't really made sense for other characters since 1.0, when Mega Man had the Atomic Fire thing, and Simon transformed into CV2 simon

It's really a Mario / Luigi item. The Mushrooms for other characters is fine since they only ever gave mario an extra hit, and unlocked the possibility to get his fire power.

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  4. Kazumy

Kazumy Level 1: Goomba

First of all, this update rocks my balls off. Second, I think there should be a new and easier way to select skins since there's so many of them now!

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe Special and Select should cycle in opposite directions.

Like...special switches to the next skin, and select switches to the previous one.

6. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I had a good idea for how to make it easier to select more skins, I just didn't have enough time to do it. If I had more time there is tons of stuff I would do to this game. This game will be more of a hobby/side project that we work on every now and then. I was thinking of making a release schedule for next year so that our updates could be more spread out instead of doing everything at once. The next thing we'll do is add more levels.

TheomanZero, Frozsoul, Rey D and 3 others like this.
  7. Kazumy

Kazumy Level 1: Goomba

That would already be useful, but I was thinking it would be nice if pressing select could show some kind of drop down menu or something so you can easily choose the skin you want right away. But it's not that big of a deal!

8. Urutsune

How do you beat last Bowser with Link?

9. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I really hope you guys don't have trouble with the powerups, i've been having such a hard time with my own game.

There aren't any proper powerups for Sonic characters; They start their games with all their abilities. And there are multiple shields, and only one flower. It's a hell of a mess.

10. Urutsune

Yay I somehow did it, requires a little daredevil action. Soon as I arrive to Bowser non stop moving forward and try to jump over. Keeping my sword down just in case I land on his head. Somehow magically I avoid both the flames and hammers and can get on the axe. At first I thought Link will get something similar what Simon and Ryu got for 8-4 but nope. But I guess it is doable, you just have to pull off a crazy stun like you have to do with Mario if he is small.

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

New levels for the next update? Yay!

Plus I noticed a skin that's not on the list. A Christopher Belmont GB skin!

12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

That was the old Simon GB skin.

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  13. Urutsune

Yeah I think it was just incorrectly named as Simon.

Speaking of names I noticed that the other Haggle Man skin is not 16-bit. So I assume it suppose to be Dark Haggle Man. But why his name showed only as Haggle Man? Is there not enough space for it or is it a mistake?

14. Mitewing

So Simon doesn't have a GB skin anymore? :-(

15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Sophia has never had to pick up a swimming power-up.

It was simpler to assume it was a GB Simon than saying it's another character, so they kept it "Simon".

It IS 16-bit.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

No, it's 16-bit Haggle Man.

Technically he never did, and they just misnamed Christopher. But it's the same skin.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

17. Urutsune

Okay I guess if I look very closely I can see it is a little more detailed. I guess the completely different color, 8-bit music and the fact that the other one is a pretty detailed sprite anyway threw me off. Though it was mainly the music...

18. Mitewing

My bad. I thought swimming was a powerup like in the original game. I just thought it was cool that all the main characters had a NES, SNES, and GB skins is all

uglyrodent likes this.
  19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, the 16-bit Haggle Man skin is incomplete and has been for some time.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see here, only the first row of sprites is shaded; the rest are just recolored. I assume that its being put in the game without being finished was an oversight.

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. Zarran

Zarran Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Actually, they've finished the 16-bit Haggle Man sheet. If you look in game you'll see the skin is complete, also a completely different color. The sheet on the wiki just hasn't been updated.

Rey D likes this.