News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.1 Released

This update for SMBC includes new skins and faster music emulation.

1. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well it could definitely work as a Mario skin. It could just shoot pellets instead of fireballs.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Screenshot_11.png
    I dont' know you, but that scene gave me a sad feeling. You know, Ryu being all lonely, that stuff...

silentshadowxp likes this.
  3. Urutsune

That's weird, you have a guy on NES Ryu. Even the game boy has the guy! Maybe you found a bug or something that has been accidentally left out?

4. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the Dragon Sword?

uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think it's a bug. It happened to me with Ryu as well. Either way, it should be reported on the Bugs Forum for verification.

Edit: Done

6. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I just wanted to point out a couple of other things that I really like about this update. The new 16-bit skins for Bill and Lance are totally bad-ass - they are definitely among my top favourites! I also noticed that more custom music has now been implemented for the 16-bit SOPHIA skin, which is awesome!

TheomanZero likes this.
  7. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Something I really liked about the update is that now we're actually talking about the game, like old times. Even when we were a long time away from the next update, we still discussed a lot about new features, characters and stuff back there. Before this update, disregarding mentioning it was coming, we barely talked about it.

8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

People eventually run out of things to talk about

But yeah it's nice

Rey D likes this.
  9. Mitewing

He actually shot mini Pac-Mans in the Arcade game Pac &Pal. The actual skin in question uses that, but I think he threw pellets in his 3D games.

10. Urutsune

I am surprised a little though that seems to be I am the only who wonders about that if the next thing worked on will be new stages... then just exactly WHAT new stages they are going to be? Lost Levels? SMB Special? Something else? Or maybe even both?

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

Trust me, you're not the only one.

12. World 1-1

There was a thread talking about this. Even a poll.

13. Urutsune

I remember, it was pretty long ago though. It is just you know, who knows how much things have changed since then. Jay & Associates are not exactly the most predictable people, who knows how will they surprise us this time.

14. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

It's kind of early to start waiting for the next major update ;_;

It will likely be either Lost Levels or Special

And only Mario or Luigi will be able to clear them :o)

Rey D, uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  15. Mitewing

Lol

I can say that definitely for Lost Levels, but Special isn't THAT bad.

16. Urutsune

Actually if you ask me you can't be sure which will happen or be better. SMB special mostly just have new enemies (which are nothing extreme really as they hold no new abilities or anything) and powerups. The worlds are nothing too extreme either. Lost Levels have very fancy pants levels and new stuff like green spring and wind, also it has more levels to work on as there is 13 worlds instead of the regular 8 from which the last 5 can only be accessed if you used no warp.
    Both is good obviously for different reason. New enemies are interesting from SMB Special as they could really make things more fun for the other non Mario Bros characters as the open up more possibilities and variety. Lost Levels on the other hand could be a very long tough new challenge.
    Obviously the best would be if both would come. But I hope we can have both in someday, I feel like that is simply just a must have.

17. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I'd say Special should be added first being it would take too much time from SRS trying to figure out how to get other characters to work in Lost Levels. Such as where to add new platforms which would take forever with major gaps in some levels.

Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  18. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

If I remember correctly, more people voted for Special to be added first in the poll from a little while ago.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. World 1-1

20. Urutsune

Are the poll even closed on that thread? If not people could have voted on it still since then. I recall it like too that back when the thread was popular as if SMB Special was on lead, stuff could have changed though. In a gigantic off community voting possibly most people would rather vote Lost Levels since most people don't even know what the hell is SMB Special. I really don't think a poll can really matter anything on such anyway.