News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.0 Trailer

Today is the three year anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Crossover, so we figured it was a good day to release the trailer for version 3.0.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

THIS IS TRULY A SPECIAL TIME

3. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Congratulations on what looks to be another epic update and a smashing way to start the summer! Everything in the trailer looks superb, and I'm especially excited to see that my Benjamin skin has finally made the cut! :) As always, thanks for the continued hard work!

thecatreturns123 and Mitewing like this.
  4. pdba

pdba Level 2: Koopa

!!! Woot Woot. That looks freaking awesome!!

thecatreturns123 likes this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Special is nearly upon us!!! I gotta go watch the video a second time!

6. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

FUCK YEAH!

Mitewing likes this.
  7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

If you're not seeing the new logo at the top of the page, hold down Shift while refreshing!

uglyrodent, Dinospy_01 and Mitewing like this.
  8. Dilemn X

Dilemn X Level 1: Goomba

THE TIME HAS COME

French rocks and Mitewing like this.
  9. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Totally worth the wait! This is going to be so awesome! I AM SO HAPPY FOR SMB SPECIAL! Yayzorz! Let us all celebrate by putting up SMBC wallpapers on our desktops!

Anon421 likes this.
  10. JetSetCube

JetSetCube Level 0: Newbie

Completely blown away at how much content these updates contain. Can't wait!

11. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Oh my god. I fucking flipped my shit.
    I can't wait for this update. It looks SO good. All the awesome skins, especially Alex (Kunio) of the Nekketsu series.
    All the other new skins look amazing as well, and I love where you guys have taken this game in the way of levels, bosses, and powerups!

uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  12. Jdaster64

Jdaster64 Level 2: Koopa

This all looks sweet, I've wanted to play a proper version of Special for some time, even if I am a diehard Lost Levels fan. I'd forgotten about some of the added skins in the last version as well. The difficulty-based level changes sound intriguing as well.

Any chance of the enemy hitboxes finally being changed to match their original counterparts? Because that's pretty much the only remaining major disconnect between SMBC and the original SMB.
    [​IMG]

Omicron likes this.
  13. Mitewing

The Easy/Hard levels is a wonderful idea. I hope the old differences from Easy, Hard, and Extreme are mostly scrapped and completely replaced with this new concept. Also, this will make VS and All Night Nippon versions possible when The Lost Levels are added.

TheomanZero and Jdaster64 like this.
  14. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Can't wait to see all of your reactions to the hard mode stages I made for the original SMB levels. :D

I made sure to include some really crazy parts in some of the stages. >:]

Alkerion, BassWins, Frozsoul and 5 others like this.
  15. Mitewing

Then it was YOUR idea to have a False Bowser guard the Warp Zones in the video!

Good job, Zach. Keep up the awesome work!

16. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

WOW! That`s some serious sheetz! Gonna list the updatez on da video!!!11!

1. SMBS Levels (Finally some cool new levulz!)
    2. SMBS Skins for Levels, Enemies and Characters (Sharp X port of SMBC anyone :p )
    3. Atari Skins for Levels, Enemies and Characters (Yay for lowrez!)
    4. SMB2 NES Level Skin (More content is always better in SMBC!)
    5. Alex Skin for Simon (Gonna beat the sheetz outta that turtlez :p )
    6. SMB2 SNES Level Skin (Cool!)
    7. SMB2 SNES Toad skin for Mario (Can expect a Peach one too?)
    8. Hard and Easy versions of levels (Now THESE are real difficulty levels :) )
    9. SMB2 SNES Peach skin for Luigi (Saw that comin' :p )
    10. Benjamin skin for Link (Uhhh...is this Final Fantasy? I'm not sure. :p )
    11. Trevor? SNES skin for Simon (What the?...Zombie Trevor?)
    12. Trevor? NES skin for Simon (I really dunno from where this is.)
    13. Erdrick skin for Link (Now THIS one i know. I'm a Dragon Quest fan ;) )
    14. Castlevania NES level skin (WOOHOO! Gotta love Jay and Ryuza :D )
    15. Richter NES skin for Simon (Really close to the ROB/SOTN ones. Really good! :) )
    16. Cut Man skin for Mega Man (Robot Masters FTW!!!)
    17. Ice Man skin for Mega Man (I think i can expect all MM1 Robot Masters? :) )
    18. More things that weren't shown in the videos (im sure there is some secrets still)

EXTRA: LOOK HOW THE GUY WITH THE GUITAR HOLDS IT. LOL!! :p

SUPER EXCITED FOR 3.0 :)

mitsymckenzie777 and Mitewing like this.
  17. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

So if I understood this correctly, SMBC 3.0 is basicly SMBC^∞*³, 3 times infinite gameplay. Well, I guess this means it will take us 3 times longer to "unfinish" this game. :D

Mitewing likes this.
  18. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

The Trevor? skins are the fake Trevors from Castlevania 3 and Symphony of the Night. I should also mention that Blaine (sbq92) did the majority of the skin work for this update, including the Castlevania skin. :D

I've been working on SRS lately and just took a small break to make the hard mode stuff for the first eight worlds and update a few skins I had worked on before.

19. TiagoDu

You can never unfinish with SMBC. There's way too much content to try all the possibilities

2 Level Packs * 3 Level Versions * 10 Characters * God knows how much skins * Cheats and Difficulty Levels * Game Modes * You know you will play thru it more that 20 times.

TheomanZero and pdba like this.
  20. TiagoDu

Sorry for the miscredit, but it's all teamwork so i think we must thank you all for the awesome amazingness golden applesauce.

If you can do this on SMBC in a little parttime, imagine how SRS will be. :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

EDIT: SORRY FOR THE DOUBLEPOST

Mitewing likes this.