Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.1.2

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets a classic power-up mode.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Surprise! It's another update. The main new additions are classic power-up mode and disabling of characters and skins. Let me know what you think, and tell me if you find any bugs. This version hasn't been tested much.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Rey D, Alkerion, ThomasMink and 12 others like this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

[​IMG]
    Luigi has one too.
    Also insta-bug report: on the skin enabling screen, whenever you exit out of a skin, it shows you the characters, but the cursor jumps over to Mario instead of, say, if you left Bass' screen, being on Bass.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Jay

Thanks.

Edit: Fixed. :dtmf:

Faruga likes this.
  4. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

This update is awesome. The Classic Power-Up mode (and the ability to edit what weapons you get) makes it worth playing as Bill, Simon and Ryu again.

Mitewing, Faruga and DarkBowser007 like this.
  5. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Oh hell yeah, this update looks interesting. Thanks for bringing the classic system back. Now how will I know it won't lag on my laptop?

Faruga likes this.
  6. Jay

Fixing the performance would basically require rewriting the whole engine, and that's not something I have time for, so it's just something we all have to deal with. Hopefully as computers get faster, the performance will improve, but who knows with Flash.

Omicron and Faruga like this.
  7. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Sometimes I feel like asking to add Sonic by myself.

But that's impossible.

8. mat5200

mat5200 Level 1: Goomba

This update is epic! I must say that with addition of classic power-up mode game now really fells complete.

I also must ask something. You said that you may add something in the future to the game as a part of hobby. I want to know what things we actually can expect. It's obvious that new characters are to hard to actually add now, but what about smaller things like adding sheel holding ability to some Mario & Luigi skins, some additional filters like 1:33-2:29 in vid below & simple map & character skins like 26:42-28:11 in the same vid.

Those are only questions. I don't expect from you to actually add these things.

Last thing to say. Thank you for all you done with this game & for all community. Also Merry Christmas for you and ER team. (Sorry for bad english).

Mitewing, Omicron and Faruga like this.
  9. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Awesome! Can't wait to play it again. :)

Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  10. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

FUNK YEAH!!!

Faruga likes this.
  11. Faruga

Patron

OH MY GOD
    THIS MEANS POWERUPS HAVE OFFICIAL NAMES

OH EXPLODING RABBIT
    YOU LET MORE THINGS SLIP

DarkBowser007 likes this.
  12. Jay

What do you mean?

13. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I love it! I've been playing it nonstop since the update! The cool thing I noticed is how Bill can switch between two weapons like in Contra 3 in Classic powerup mode!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    TiagoDu likes this.
  14. Faruga

Patron

In the changelog for 3.1.1, Blaine gave two of the music tracks in the game names with capitals and everything that we didn't know about. Cue me copying the entire music page into Notepad and Ctrl-H'ing every mention of Night into Night Epic.
    You giving all most of the pickups names in the customize weapons menu means going through all the characters' pickups and renaming everything that was wrong, most notably things like the Art of Fire Wheel and Fire Dragon Ball.

15. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

This is a most unexpected and very welcome update Jay! Thank you so much!!

Being able to now completely customize map and character skins IS BEYOND EPIC

I'm equally happy to hear that development on SMBC is merely on hold, rather than discontinued. Hope for the future!! :D

Merry Christmas!

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Jay

That music type is called 'Dark Epic' in the code, but I never thought of it as an official name. I guess it works though.

I guess you're right that I made up some of the names for the power-ups, but I tried to use official names when I could find them. Honestly, sometimes I forget what stuff I made up and what is real. It's probably just because I've been working on the game off and on for over four years.

Faruga and Omicron like this.
  17. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

Faruga likes this.
  18. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Really cannot tell if this is meant as sarcastic or not, because this is averagely big.

I found myself disabling Luigi and Bass as well as SOPHIA and Ryu to really bring the 1.0 feel in. Felt refreshing.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I like the modern Mario Bros skins. Hopefully more modern skins for other characters will be added eventually.

20. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Sorry for all the shit I've thrown at you before, but you really made me think the game's development was done for good. Even though it's not a priority anymore, I hope at least little tweaks can still be made every now and then. As I've mentioned before, I can't contribute to SAS's development, since argentine pesos suck, but I'll be looking foward to it as well. Once again, thanks for all you've done with this amazing project. Now go and rest our heroes ! ;)

Mitewing likes this.